NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Should I be upset? (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/52321-upset.html)

FinLady 08-17-2008 03:05 PM

Should I be upset?

Hi all,

Just wondering if this is something I should be upset about. The neuro's NP called me earlier this week and told me that my MRI was stable with no changes.

Finally opened the copy of the MRI report I got in the mail yesterday. Yea, the brain is stable - but the leisons in the spine look like they are getting bigger and there may be a new one!! I've reread it twice, cuz I was like "what???"

Maybe it was a case of not reading the whole report or maybe it's cuz they really can't do anything about the spine - I don't know. I just know what my gut reaction to this was since they never had a contradiction to what the report said before. :mad:

Thanks for letting me vent a little. :o

weegot5kiz 08-17-2008 03:27 PM

well its either ignorance or mistake on who's file she was reading, You are going to call neuro in the morn right, :hug: this helps explain some things, I know its a weird double edged sword find lesions it explains my problems find no lesions and back to a state of limbo for answers to whats been bugging you or why its been bugging you. To answer your question yeah i can see being a bit tiffed about this, I would be, hang in there Fin:hug:

tovaxin_lab_rat 08-17-2008 03:35 PM

Makes me wonder whose report they were reading to you! Been known to happen. I would call the office and ask about it.

:confused:

FinLady 08-17-2008 05:37 PM

Thanks guys. I'll give a call to the neuro's office tomorrow to be sure.

I was thinking that it also might have been a neuro vs. radiologist perspective thing too. Been known to happen before where they didn't always agree on what was on there.

Dejibo 08-18-2008 06:31 AM

most of the time your MD will get a phone, or email/fax report from the prelimb saying stable, or no obvious changes pretty quickly. then about a week later a radiologist will comb over it and compare it to the last or last several MRI's then they get into the finer points of lesion vs lesion.

Maybe your MD didnt have that full report in front of him at the time, and just wanted you to have the update of stable that he got.

hope that helps. I would still call and discuss it.

FinLady 08-18-2008 09:44 AM

Just called the office. My neuro combed over my films and comparisons, and couldn't find this new leison that the radiologist was talking about.

LOL, I guess what I thought once I took a breath was right. The reason it didn't match up was 'cuz the neuro disagreed. According to the assistant I like (so glad it was her on the phone), he was in there awhile trying to find it.

LOL, she wasn't surprised that I called either. She had a feeling if I got a copy I'd be calling and she doesn't blame me for checking up. ;)

tovaxin_lab_rat 08-18-2008 10:41 AM

At least you got it straightened out! ;) And don't have to worry.

Jules A 08-18-2008 11:33 AM

I am so glad you got some answers! Don't you wish this was math instead of science?

I'm curious, did you read a written summary that stated your spinal lesions were worse or when you say the lesions in the spine look like they are getting bigger is that something you saw yourself on the films?

FinLady 08-18-2008 11:51 AM

Our home computers don't have the software to look at the films, they are on cd, and we've tried. Not sure what software they use, lol. But my neuro shows me when I'm there if I ask and we discuss it.

The report said they were bigger and that there was a new one, but the neuro looked at the last MRI and this one and saw no changes. This is the first time I've personally gone through a differing of opinons, but they warned me that this might happen. Totally forgot that part yesterday for awhile.

LOL, the assistant told me that he was in his office for awhile trying to figure out what the radiologist saw. Poor lady was his sounding board during this.

SandyC 08-18-2008 12:24 PM

Jenn, this happened on Jim's last MRI. The spinal cord doctor and radiologist said there was one dim lesion that they think was the same one from years ago. The soinal cord doctor just read the report. Yet, when we went to the neuro she said absolutely no new lesions and no active lesions. I questioned her and she showed me the report and the MRI. Nothing.

We have Jim's cd's. It has a program on it to install and view the films. If your using Vista more than likely you wont be able to see them. That's what happened to us. We had to pull out the old Windows to view them. I guess the company hasn't upgraded to Vista yet, at least for us.