NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   MRI of hip tomorrow (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/52427-mri-hip-tomorrow.html)

doydie 08-19-2008 12:04 AM

MRI of hip tomorrow

I have had a very nagging pain in my R upper outer thigh now for several years, never had anything diagnostic. I think it is directly relational to what kind of chair I sit on or whether I sit with my left leg up under my right leg. My minivan seat is deeper than my husbands car and it hurts more in my car. I also think that the more it hurts the more pins and needles feeling I have in my lower leg. So tomorrow I do an MRI!

Twinkletoes 08-19-2008 12:11 AM

Good luck tomorrow, Doydie. Let us know how it goes, k? :hug:

Koala77 08-19-2008 01:14 AM

Pain + pins and needles are very suspicious of a pinched nerve somewhere, but I guess you already know that.

Good luck with the MRI. Let's hope it's something simple causing your discomfort. :hug:

DM 08-19-2008 07:50 AM

Sorry for your pain Doyd~ I hope the MRI shows the Dr's what they need to do to make your pain go away. (I'm not a good one to preach on this subject) But, I'm glad your'e going. Let us know what you find out and I'll be thinking of ya!

yeahbut 08-19-2008 07:56 AM

Good Luck Doydie - please let us know how you make out.

AfterMyNap 08-19-2008 09:33 AM

Doyd, I hope they can help you fix this. One tip, wear your most frequently-worn shoes to the follow-up appt. and make a point of showing them to the doc. Shoes can make an enormous difference in your entire bone system.

Let us know if you hear the techs shriek or anything. ;)

Jules A 08-19-2008 09:36 AM

Sending good vibes.
:hug:

MSacorn 08-19-2008 02:06 PM

Good Luck with the MRI, Doydie.

:hug:'s

weegot5kiz 08-19-2008 03:09 PM

hope you get some answers and a solution to the pains... Good luck :hug:

doydie 08-19-2008 11:56 PM

I have had many MRIs of the brain and spine and did OK. I don't ever want to have another MRI of the hip!!!!!:eek: For the brian they let you use that wonderful little wedge beneath your knees. I never knew the difference ti would make. That was the longest 45 minutes of my life. By the end I had no feeling at all in my toes. I really appreciated the care and time the tech took with me to make sure first that I could bend my knees until I had feeling back and then sit long enought before standing. I should get the results late tomorrow or Thursday. I really didn't think it had anything to do with my sciatic neve because I don't have any pain back in my lower butt or down my leg. It all stems from mid lateral thigh on down. But it didn't take long for my sciatic nerve area to be really painful then down my leg.