NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Food Court (https://www.neurotalk.org/food-court/)
-   -   What Is With The Price Of Chicken??? (https://www.neurotalk.org/food-court/53187-price-chicken.html)

Kitty 08-29-2008 06:51 AM

What Is With The Price Of Chicken???

What's up with the price of chicken.............besides the price???

I went to buy boneless, skinless chicken breasts yesterday and a package of 6 pieces was $25.74!!!!!!!!! :eek: We could eat steak for less!!

Did I miss something? Has chicken become extinct? :confused:

NaeNae 08-29-2008 07:30 AM

Two things...the cost of corn and the cost of gas....chickens eat corn....big companies use gas to transport. One directly drives up the cost of the other. Same with milk and the trucks needed to transport the milk.

Kitty 08-29-2008 07:39 AM

So it's cheaper to feed a cow than it is to feed a chicken? :confused:

I didn't notice the price of beef rising.

I think I'm going to become a vegetarian.......:rolleyes:

weegot5kiz 08-29-2008 09:01 PM

have you ever shopped and gotten just veggies and fruit its as expensive as anything else, its cheaper to eat hotdogs and mac and cheese, anyone looked at prices of bacon lately?:yikes:

Kitty 08-30-2008 05:31 AM

Yeah, Frank.....I know what you mean. I tend to shop according to whatever's on sale.

The LDN I'm taking has all but zapped my appetite so hopefully that'll help my grocery bill!!

Koala77 08-30-2008 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herekitty1960 (Post 357077)

I went to buy boneless, skinless chicken breasts yesterday and a package of 6 pieces was $25.74!!!!!!!!! :eek: We could eat steak for less!!

I hate to tell you this Kitty, but 6 skinless chicken breasts are selling for around $11-$15 here at the moment. Everything else is costing heaps, but chicken is still affordable.

Chemar 08-30-2008 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herekitty1960 (Post 357077)

:eek: yikes that is high!!
we are still at $4.49 / lb here for skinless/boneless chicken breasts so we have been eating a lot of chicken

steak has long passed my budget and ocean fish is outrageously high here which really irks me considering my location!

snoozie 08-30-2008 10:37 PM

Boneless/skinless chicken breasts here are for sale at 1.99 a pound at one store(albertsons) and 1.97 at the other (vons).

When it goes on sale like this I try to stock up and put it in foodsaver bags for later...Sue

soxmom 08-31-2008 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snoozie (Post 358165)
Boneless/skinless chicken breasts here are for sale at 1.99 a pound at one store(albertsons) and 1.97 at the other (vons).

When it goes on sale like this I try to stock up and put it in foodsaver bags for later...Sue

In Mass. they are the same price when they are on sale....usually 1.97lb