NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Books, Movies, Music and TV Talk (https://www.neurotalk.org/books-movies-music-and-tv-talk/)
-   -   Books: Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer (https://www.neurotalk.org/books-movies-music-and-tv-talk/53295-twilight-series-stephanie-meyer.html)

msarkie 08-30-2008 09:43 PM

Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer

Has anyone read this series? I put it off for a long time, feeling like I was too old, but I finally gave in. Wow! I didn't want to put them down.

Jacob vs. Edward - some folks who had read them before I did felt that Edward was too controlling. After reading, I disagree. He was from another time and tended to go by the social customs he grew up with. He also had to be extremely cautious in order not to do permanent harm to Bella.

While I loved Jacob, I thought he was actually the more controlling of the two. He tried to force his affections on Bella, and dismissed the things she said that he didn't want to hear.

I've read through all four books twice now. I wonder if she'll ever continue the story? I know she doesn't intend to, but it seems to me there is a lot more story to be told. I want to hear about Jacob and Renesmee!

houghchrst 09-12-2008 09:58 PM

I have just read the first two and am on the list for Eclipse though Breaking Dawn keeps coming in for me I keep telling her to send it back.

I had heard that the teeny boppers practically caused a riot demanding their money back for the last because they were unhappy with the ending. don't tell me anything I haven't gotten that far.

I found myself to be pretty engrossed also.

I read Host while I was waiting for New Moon to come in. Liked that too.

PatriciaQ 11-22-2008 11:31 PM

nope, haven`t read it yet, altho, im getting, the books, soon as i can.

i mean, im so obsessed beyond, with, the movie, altho, i haven;t see it yet, im still obsessed, with it.

i cant wait, to, read, the books, im sure, i will be, obsessed, with-em as the movie heh.

takecare.

Buffheart 12-22-2008 12:32 AM

I myself don't care to see the movie. I don't like vampire books/movies, but I am trying to give Twilight a chance. I have not gotten to it yet, but I hope I didn't waste my $12 for nothing.
I hope that everybody is right, that the books are better than they look

Lara 12-29-2008 07:16 PM

My daughter (19) says that the movie Twilight is one of her all time favourites.
I started to watch it and it I wasn't so fond of it. It seemed pretty dark to me but maybe I should have watched it all. When I told daughter what I felt she was really surprised. lol Shocked almost. She didn't seem to find it dark at all. :)
I'll have to get the books for her. She'd enjoy them.

msarkie 02-12-2009 07:59 PM

The movie has a darker feel than the books. Hearing Bella's thoughts really lightens up the story. And of course they have to compress things a bit for the movie, and some of the funnier parts got left out.

redtail 02-12-2009 08:21 PM

I loved all the books, I bought them all, slowly, as a treat. I enjoyed the movie, but there is so much more in the book.

I'm halfway through Host, and enjoying it.

kreink 03-24-2009 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redtail (Post 464942)
I loved all the books, I bought them all, slowly, as a treat. I enjoyed the movie, but there is so much more in the book.

I'm halfway through Host, and enjoying it.

My sixth grade students cant stop talking about the books, I watched the movie, it was entertaining, but I could tell I was not its target audience. I may try the first book this summer.

Lara 03-24-2009 02:06 AM

I haven't read the books, but have recommened them to my daughter (who isn't a 6th grader btw She's 2nd year Uni student. lol )

I've since watched the movie again and actually enjoyed it.

smurf 04-11-2009 08:43 PM

chat

hi on her web site the outhers site she has done edwards story about 200 hundred pages my daughters got the books for xmas and loved them as i can"t read they just tell me bits in them.The book shop we got them from had already sold over 2000 of them.My sister read them she is in her fortys and said she can see why the teenagers are raveing about them.she didn"t want to put them down either.