NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   Good news from my doc! (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/53613-news-doc.html)

erinhermes 09-04-2008 01:36 PM

Good news from my doc!

Hello all! I thought for once I'd log on with some GOOD news! I saw my hema and my neuro this week; my hema told me he thinks I'm in remission! Remission! Now, I am cautiously optomistic, especially since I'm still on meds, and know that I'll need to be off of all of them b/4 I am "offically" in remission, but FINALLY (!) a ray of hope after all this time! MY hema told me that he thought I'd had this disease for years without being properly diagnosed ( I was told I was "depressed b/4), so MAYBE now I'll feel like my old self..........we'll see!

Oh, to be able to properly take care of my family again! To be able to do things without being worn out by midmorning:D..........I can't even imagine! I hugged my son so tight I actually hurt him! He was stunned! I was always so weak b/4 that I could barely do anything and now I feel like I am finally on the path to regaining my former strength! Now again, I'm trying to be cautious, cuz' I really don't want to get my hopes up and then have them shot down again, but just the thought of feeling better is so fabulous that I knew I wanted to share it with all of you that have been so amazing and kind to me - you have all been so good to me and were all there when I needed you most.........:grouphug:.........I really appreciate it!

I still have to see my docs once a week and get my blood work done (cuz' of the Cellcept), but maybe there is a hope for remission! :D

Have you been told that you were going into remission? What did it feel like for you? How did you know that you were going into remission? I'm just so scared of getting my hopes up and then having them dashed, you know? I am afraid that I may wake up and told that this is just a wonderful dream............Afraid of being "too happy"................We'll see

Erin:D

Scots Kat 09-05-2008 04:29 AM

Oh Erin,
I'm so happy for you! How pleased you must be. I'll keep you in my prayers to hope for the best. I can't answer any of your questions becuase I've never experienced remission, but I wanted to know how wonderful I think it is if you are experiencing it! All the best,
~Kathy

erinhermes 09-05-2008 08:34 AM

Thank you!

Thank you! Like I said, I'm still cautiously optimistic, but I've just got keep my hopes up - without hope where would we all be? I for one just hope and pray that in our lifetime the medical community learns a lot more about our weird little disease........it;s so darn tricky! Feeling pretty good today. I will try and work for a few hours. I just don't want to overdo it, b/c I have a tendancy to do so and then feel yucky the next day/week! Know that I am hpoing and praying for all of you and really appreciate your emails - they mean the world to me. My hubby tries to relate, but he can't really (no one can unless they have been diagnosed with a disease like ours)............Take care! Erin

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scots Kat (Post 362139)
Oh Erin,
I'm so happy for you! How pleased you mustbe. I'll keep you in my prayers to hope for the best. I can't answer any of your questions becuase I've never experienced remission, but I wanted to know how wonderful I think it is if you are experiencing it! All the best,
~Kathy

rumpled 09-08-2008 01:28 PM

Wow! That is great!!!!

ctulin 09-10-2008 06:04 PM

What excellent news!

erinhermes 09-10-2008 06:14 PM

Thank you!

I'm still being cautiuosly optimistic -don't want to get my hopes up too high - I don't know what I'd do if I got really sick again............I'm doing everything my neuro/hemo tell me to do - we'll see how it goes! Know that I am praying for all of you....We all need to feel better!:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by rumpled (Post 364235)
Wow! That is great!!!!

erinhermes 09-10-2008 06:16 PM

Thank you!

Thank you! I'm really hoping and praying that he is right! This disease is just so darn unpredictable.........I stayed home today and just rested.....I have been working full time again and that has really wiped me out........How are you doing today? When you get some time, let me know how you are......
Erin

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctulin (Post 365800)
What excellent news!