NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Chat (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/)
-   -   acts of kindness (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/53736-acts-kindness.html)

Aarcyn 09-05-2008 11:32 PM

acts of kindness

Ok. I will admit, I have no clue when/where it started. It does feel good so...

maybe today, you did something nice. I would love to hear it.

As always, I will go first.

I was on my bread delivery route this morning. It's a long story about the bread business but

I was stopped at a light turning left and there was a woman with a brown cardboard sign asking for help. The sign said she was hungry. She looked very thin. I have no idea what circumstances brought her there.

I took one of my breads, opened the window and gave her a loaf. As I drove by on my way back, I saw the loaf looked to be half eaten.

So, I felt good for her and I felt good for me.

I felt like I did something nice. Everyone does nice things. What did you do today that was nice?

weegot5kiz 09-05-2008 11:41 PM

about a week ago I found a cell phone and called the home number and mom number, to let this person know I had their cell, person called me back, came over to pick it up, and was about to offer me a twenty when I called him by name, someone I went to high school with, about the time i realized who he was he realized who I was, it was pretty cool, we talked for a good hour, then he realized he had a kid to pick up from school and had to boogie, we exchanged numbers talked again about two nights ago too

And no I was not going to take the twenty, I was being nice not trying to make a buck

thanks Cyn I like these type of threads

Darlene 09-06-2008 12:53 AM

It sure would be nice if all the people of this earth were as nice as they should be. You two are one that set good examples for others. I am proud to to be able yo call my friends of mine.

Darlene
:hug:

Kitty 09-06-2008 06:28 AM

Good karma.....it will come back around and you will reap what you sow. :) I know because I've already been the recipient!

The most fulfilling acts of kindness for me are the ones that were anonymous. I knew what I did...but no one else did. :winky:

God bless everyone who spreads the love around! :)

Vonn07 09-06-2008 09:59 AM

after I moved here ... I saw a lady in a scooter ... and it looked like she had no legs .. I had to look twice ... and then thought to myself that I wanted to meet her ...

the next time I saw her scooting over by my apartment, I had just gotten home and said 'hello' and offered her a fresh bottle of water ... she said 'no thank you' (and it was HOT outside) ... but, we chatted and I got her name.

then she mentioned something about getting some sunscreen - so I ordered some AVON sunscreen for her and gave that to her the other day ...

now when I drive by and see her - I toot the horn and wave .... and she always has a beautiful smile on her face ... and I have a new friend!

AfterMyNap 09-06-2008 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herekitty1960 (Post 362912)
The most fulfilling acts of kindness for me are the ones that were anonymous. I knew what I did...but no one else did. :winky:

God bless everyone who spreads the love around! :)

Amen to that Kell. My left hand stays totally in the dark about everything my right hand does. It's really fun!

This is how I began my stalking career all those many years ago. ;)

PolarExpress 09-06-2008 03:08 PM

Kelly's so right. It's great fun to do something for someone and not let on who you are. It's a very self-satisfying feeling, so not totally unselfish :o ~ but great fun just the same!

kicker 09-07-2008 07:40 AM

When my young post-woman was pregnant, I remembered how it could feel and offered use of my bathroon and a short sitdown when she came to my house and listened for her at the usual time of delivery, knowing she would not knock, and then she usually took me up on my offer.

Kitty 09-07-2008 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kicker (Post 363485)
When my young post-woman was pregnant, I remembered how it could feel and offered use of my bathroon and a short sitdown when she came to my house and listened for her at the usual time of delivery, knowing she would not knock, and then she usually took me up on my offer.

That's really sweet, Kicker. I'm sure she appreciated the break. :)

weegot5kiz 09-07-2008 12:21 PM

the anonymous ones are the best, I had a friend who came back from Vietnam , and in the 80's he wasn't doing well, and was really getting into the MIA POW and it was helping him address some issues he had well on a Christmas morn I drove out to his place and placed a properly folded MIA POW flag that was large enough to cover a avg wall, in his car on the drivers seat, well the following week at work, lol he was going goo goo trying to figure who it was , i enjoyed that,
it was a nice gift he liked it