NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   General Health Conditions & Rare Disorders (https://www.neurotalk.org/general-health-conditions-and-rare-disorders/)
-   -   !!!brain tremor/shivers please help!!! (https://www.neurotalk.org/general-health-conditions-and-rare-disorders/54054-brain-tremor-shivers-please-help.html)

Leemarie 09-11-2008 08:13 AM

!!!brain tremor/shivers please help!!!

Hey i am new to this forum and i badly need your guys opinions for the past 2 months i have had racing heart rate, sweaty palms and feet, pressure on the head, head aches, light headedness, dizzyness, stomach aches, tingling down one side of my body and a sense of not being all here and after this 2 months i have been diagnosed with anxiety disorder i am now taking medication for this and all has been fine i also have a mild right thermoidal sinusitis which is fine too im taking anti biodics which will go away soon but! But! But! Another symptom i have been feeling the past 2 months have been brain tremors or like the inside of my head is shivering and even since taking the anti depresent meds the shivers have not gone yet and my ct scan came up clear apart from the thermoidal sinusitis please help me what could these brain tremor or shivering feelings be please help me!

mrsD 09-11-2008 09:41 AM

I have two basic comments...

1) SSRI antidepressants often cause side effects that people describe as shooting/stabbing brainzap sensations in the brain. This typically happens when you discontinue. But it may happen anytime. Some people have higher serotonin levels to begin with and these drugs raise it too far for comfort.

2) one family of antibiotics cause significant CNS brain side effects== fluroquinolones such as Cipro, Avelox and Levaquin
affect neurological functions in the brain (even seizures) and also in the peripheral nervous system. (can cause neuropathies there).

So I do think you should look at your drugs carefully and discuss with your doctor some changes there.

Leemarie 09-11-2008 07:09 PM

Hey thanks heaps but I have had these tremor/shivers 3 weeks before I started the anit-depresents which I started 2 weeks ago. Also what im talking about is for example its like when you are cold and your body shivers but sometimes you get a shivery feeling in the inside, well thats what I get but inside my head and it only happens on the right side and this lasts for about at the most 20 seconds and then once it finishes its all fine without any dizziness or anything please tell me what this could be my doctor said its nothing and all my bloods and ct scan is clear(apart from the right ethmoidal sinusitis) but if I wanted to see a neaurologist as they may be able to find something wrong then I should but the problem is it costs a whooole lot