NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Computers and Technology (https://www.neurotalk.org/computers-and-technology/)
-   -   Lost firefox, help!!! (https://www.neurotalk.org/computers-and-technology/54197-lost-firefox-help.html)

MelodyL 09-13-2008 03:55 PM

Lost firefox, help!!!

Today, I was prompted to download some firefox updates. I did.
Then I got a message that it's not compatible with Firefox. ?????

Then, Alan comes in and tells me "I lost all my favorite places".

So I did a system restore to yesterday (figuring that everything should go back to where it was as of yesterday).

Well, the system restore went through. I saw my desktop. I clicked on the Mozilla icon and I get a message "error with Firefox.exe, do you want to send an error report?" I clicked on yes.

I then rebooted the computer thinking that might do the trick. Same thing happened.

I went to Search and looked up Firefox, and a whole bunch of stuff is still there but I'm afraid to click on anything.

My internet explorer still works, (that's how I got to do this thread).

So what do I do to get back my Mozilla??

Thanks to anyone who can help me.
Melody

mrsD 09-13-2008 04:03 PM

Oh, my...

did you have the new FireFox 3.0 before these updates?

I have no clue. I'd email them.

The lower versions did have a "favorites" issue.
I recall the 2.0 version did that to some people. Before I
downloaded the new 3.0, I saved all my favorites to a separate file, just in case. But nothing has happened to us.

Jomar 09-13-2008 05:56 PM

Mel,
Oh check your recycle bin - maybe it accidentally got clicked /deleted to there- if so you can select it and then click restore - it will go back where it came from.

If that doesn't do it-
do you know how to look on the hard drive to find Firefox /Mozilla ? {click on the My computer icon-to look at C: drive unless you have more then 1 drive C is usually the main one}

or redownload it

MelodyL 09-13-2008 07:43 PM

I am about to choke my husband.

Oh, he found it again. He comes in the other room and announces "I'm a genius, I find Firefox". I said "good for you, way to go Alan".

So I go to my friend's porch for the evening, I come home at 8p.m. and this is exactly what he says:

"I love what I now have". I said "what are you talking about??" and he says:

SEA MONKEYS.

I said: "I beg your pardon". He says "yeah, we have sea monkeys". I said again: ''I beg your pardon, then I felt his forehead because I thought he was delusional".

He said "no, I'm serious, we now have Sea Monkeys".

I sit down at the computer and sure enough, there is a browser (or something because I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS IS.

On the screen, I am at some Sea Monkeys website.
And there is an icon on my desktop (in addition to a Mozilla icon), that if I click on the icon, it brings me on the internet via this Sea Monkey thing. So I try and find my favorites, well forget it.

So I exit out of the Sea Monkey thing, I am looking at my desktop, I click on Mozilla icon and VOILA, I have Mozilla firefox back with all my favorites.

Don't know what he did to get back firefox but it's back and that's great.

But for heaven's sake, what is this sea monkey thing?

Anyone know??

Thanks, Melody

Brian 09-13-2008 08:34 PM

Hi Mel, your right, it is a web browser, i think sea monkey was derived from Mozilla Application Suite, if you open sea monkey again, click on tools up top, then just go down to " search the web " a Google page will come up to be able to search the web.
Glad you got your bookmarks back :)