NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Ike Stuff... (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/54401-ike-stuff.html)

freeinhou 09-16-2008 06:17 PM

Ike Stuff...

Alot of people lost some of their roofs. We lost internal ceilings in the family room and the kitchen. An inconvenience. Uh-oh. I just looked out on the back patio. I don't see any red stuff in the hummingbird feeder. We just filled it up yesterday. There's 100 really p***ed off hummingbirds out there!. We're in trouble!

Roughly 50% of the power is back. We got power at the house. Maybe 50% of the traffic lights work. Houston people don't know how to deal with a hurricane like Miami people do. Duh - Traffic lights out = 4 way stop. I guess unless you're in a hurry... ******oles...

NASA Johnson Space Center - moderate damage in the space station flight control room building. Minor damage in the shuttle flight control room building. The simulator building has moderately major damage (somewhere between major and moderate so how the hey would you put it???). The central plant is pretty messed up - let's call it's' roof moderatley moderate damage... Tunnel system is fine, no major flooding (minorly minor?...).

Hey, what can I say? It's their own fault they put me on the damage assessment team. Everybody else gets the whole week off! You want my opinion? Fine - majorly minorly moderate damage! Give me a few more days off!!!!

I'll let y'all know if any launch dates slip. So far no slip.

It;s all nominal, whatever that means...

Tom

Vonn07 09-16-2008 09:23 PM

hey Tom ...

maybe after everyone is back on the ball - they'll give YOU a week off to enjoy with your favorite beverage!! ;) (you did save it, right?)

NurseNancy 09-16-2008 09:31 PM

thanks tom,

i was wondering what was happening with you and NASA.
glad at least you have power.

weegot5kiz 09-16-2008 10:44 PM

hey tom glad you are ok got worried about you,

can I ask you something about this storm, maybe someone at NASA knows about it or someone on here, how did this storm separate like it did when it shot up north, we here in Illinois and Michigan got a ton of rain, in Illinois we had no thunder and no wind and yet at same time we got drenched, the wind from the storm shot across Indiana and Ohio ripping them apart, its almost like the rain was to heavy to follow the cool front that came in and the wind followed the front, I don't ever recall seeing a storm separate like this

Girlie Girl 09-17-2008 08:07 AM

I'm glad you are ok. :hug:

braingonebad 09-17-2008 09:44 AM

LOL! I like your assesment, it covers all the bases. Nobody at NASA was hurt? That's the important thing. Roofs were made to tear away, it's a structural thing. Water sucks, so I'd have called that major too.

I'm just glad to hear you're safe, and hope things gets fixed and back to normal soon. I was worried about you and the others from TX. I couldn't stand seeing the news pix. Too scary! I'll keep my tornadoes, thank you.

We did get the tail end of Ike in Ohio, but we needed some of that. Before the rain, a wild rabbit came to drink form my dog's dish in the patio.

It rained for 3 days, on and off, pretty good winds and a bit of hail.

Momma's Kids 09-17-2008 01:55 PM

I was worried and I am glad you are ok...yeah...guess they never went through 5 storms one after the other, huh?

I still have my T shirt...I rode out Charlie, etc.

Glad you are ok...you can always tell them to buy some tarps and duct tape...:D

sassy 09-18-2008 08:06 AM

I'm glad you rode out the storm! Don't work too hard!

yeahbut 09-18-2008 01:06 PM

whats the update at NASA, Tom?

Vonn07 09-18-2008 08:14 PM

hey, TOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!

where ARE UUUUUUUU???