NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Worried,right when I need help,the economy is in question (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/54669-worried-help-economy-question.html)

Brokenfriend 09-21-2008 07:26 AM

Worried,right when I need help,the economy is in question

I'm a little worried. I'm going to need help with SSD,medicaid,and food stamps. My money level is depleting rapidly now. I'm at the end of spending my 401K which I had to withdraw early due to the SSD wait. My SSD court date has been delayed by months more now, by my Lawyers estimate. I heard this news in the Social Services Office in a telephone speaker conference session.

Now when I turn on the news,they say that we are close to a depression. This worries me very much now. What would happen to me? I'm worried. I just see my worst fears in my immagination. BF

Pamster 09-21-2008 07:41 AM

It's really a scary time right now, hard not to be on edge when everything is so close to falling apart it seems. I don't know the answers either, but I do know and understand the fear BF. I just wanted you to know you're not alone in the fear of what we're all going to do if things get worse and not better over the coming months. I've been praying a lot, what else can we do? I pray that the gov helps people and helps us to stay afloat during these hard economic times. I heard they are considering a second economic stimulus package, lord knows if they will pass it but it would be nice to get something from the IRS again....

Mari 09-21-2008 09:42 AM

Dear Friend,
That is a shame that your SSD date has been postponed.

I worry about the economy too.
I hope it turns around at some point.
M.

befuddled2 09-21-2008 12:42 PM

BF,

I too worry about the economy. While I waited to get my SSD I got a check from welfare. It wasn't much but was better than nothing. Are you living in your own place? When I waited I got myself a roommate for a while.

befuddled2

Brokenfriend 09-22-2008 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by befuddled2 (Post 372905)
BF,

I too worry about the economy. While I waited to get my SSD I got a check from welfare. It wasn't much but was better than nothing. Are you living in your own place? When I waited I got myself a roommate for a while.

befuddled2

I'm living in a old rural country house that my brother in law owns. They are going to sell it when he retires. I'm to far out in a rural area. The county that I live in is generally a poor county. That's not helping either. I guess I'll know more when I become completely broke soon.

The long SSD process has been so burdensome. It's causing more tension,and depression on top of tension,and depression. I just have not known what to do. I hope that you get the help that you need. BF:hug::hug:

befuddled2 09-22-2008 08:16 AM

:hug: BF :hug:

I remember now and that your having trouble with your sis. I wish I could take away your worry.

befuddled2

bizi 09-22-2008 11:40 AM

what about the social services folks, have you called about the therapist again...you need help desperately.
I am sorry that you continue to have these family stressors.
bizi

Brokenfriend 09-23-2008 05:25 AM

Thank you Bizi

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizi (Post 373750)
what about the social services folks, have you called about the therapist again...you need help desperately.
I am sorry that you continue to have these family stressors.
bizi

I wrote a email to my Case Manager with Social Services,and asked her to please provide a therapist for me soon,a little while ago. They have been delaying this I guess because of the economy. My case worker is nice,but not helping to much. They seem to be dragging out the process like SSD. I don't know what they are doing. I'm running out of another medication,and have to communicate through channels to get the medication refilled. I'm running out of medicine just before I see her. The NP is not counting the numbers correctly. I hope that somebody there cares about me. BF:hug: