NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Help Me Understand (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/54894-help-understand.html)

mbabic 09-24-2008 09:06 AM

Help Me Understand

Hello. I have recently been diagnosed with MS. I am trying to understand this. Today in a long time I feel good. Pain is down, vision is good. I don't know if this can be attributed to the DMD that I am taking, my diet, excercise or vitamin/mineral therapy, or even the weather? Can someone shed some light on this?

wkikta 09-24-2008 09:37 AM

Welcome to the 'wonders' of MS. Some days are much better than the others. You could be feeling better because of diet, vitamins and exercise, they may be making you better from a general health point of view. The DMD is probably not the reason, but it may be. Enjoy the good days, it will offset some of the not good days.

SandyC 09-24-2008 09:42 AM

Ms can do that. One day your up, the next day you could be down. It's a dang toss up and frustrating at times. My hubby was diagnosed in 1988 and is SPMS.

Sorry you've been diagnosed but this is a great place with many people going through exactly what you are. We understand and get it. Jump right in. Cindy (AfterMyNap) says the water is warm but we're not sure why. lol

:hug:

Kitty 09-24-2008 09:47 AM

MS is definitely a puzzle. It's so hard to make plans because you never know how you're gonna feel.....:rolleyes:. I've been known to accept a lunch or a shopping date and then have to cancel because the day of the event I felt so lousy.

Just try to enjoy the good days and don't stress too much about having a bad one. I found the more I worried about having a bad day the less I enjoyed the good ones.

Oh, and if the water is warm and Cindy is in it......I'd get out!! :D

AfterMyNap 09-24-2008 09:52 AM

Hi, mbabic! :Wave-Hello: Welcome to NeuroTalk!

Sorry you got the diagnosis, it's a real adventure sometimes. To your question, my answer is either all of the above or none of the above. That's the biggest mystery in all of this. We just don't know why things do and don't change for us.

Over time, you'll find yourself understanding more and more of your personal patterns and your relapses and remissions. When you're feeling good, get busy living and don't sweat it! :hug: :)

Jules A 09-24-2008 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbabic (Post 375242)
Hello. I have recently been diagnosed with MS. I am trying to understand this. Today in a long time I feel good. Pain is down, vision is good. I don't know if this can be attributed to the DMD that I am taking, my diet, excercise or vitamin/mineral therapy, or even the weather? Can someone shed some light on this?

That my friend is the million dollar question. :D Welcome to our group and I hope you continue to feel good. Jules

NurseNancy 09-24-2008 07:34 PM

hello and welcome.

i agree. your feeling good could is probably due to some or all of what you're doing, and/or your MS's ups and downs.

i would keep doing all the healthy things you're doing.
as time goes on you'll get a handle on what makes you feel worse and what makes you feel better. sometimes it's just a matter of listening to your body and doing what it tells you.

that was the hardest lesson i learned. when my body said "you're becoming tired so stop your errands and head home" i learned to listen. if i didn't i felt worse. learn to pace yourself. that way you'll conserve more energy.

you're in a great place for learning, and support.
glad you're here.

DM 09-24-2008 07:41 PM

Hello and a big welcome welcome to NeuroTalk. Sorry about your DX, but as you can see, you will get tons of support here. Please know that we are all here at NT for a reason and you've just made a whole lot of new friends. :):)

yeahbut 09-24-2008 07:42 PM

I just wanted to welcome you to this great place - I am still in limbo so I won't give any advice except to listen to everything everyone else has said! They are the ones who have been through it already....

keep us posted on how you are doing!

RedPenguins 09-25-2008 03:34 AM

When I saw the subject of this thread - all I thought was, "there is no understanding this disease" - at least that is how it feels to/for me.

I'm glad you had a good day today...as everyone says, you will have good days and bad days.

Don't know how long you've been on a DMD, so no way of knowing if it is helping you....plus, it is said that the DMDs don't really help with symptoms. :(

However, it could be that you're going into a remission. I hope that is the case for you!

Good luck here - and feel free to stick around and ask questions - there are some GREAT people here who have definitely helped me on this journey!!

~Keri