NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Allergies & Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (https://www.neurotalk.org/allergies-and-multiple-chemical-sensitivity/)
-   -   Do you get brief dizzy spells with your hay fever/sinus allregies? (https://www.neurotalk.org/allergies-and-multiple-chemical-sensitivity/55060-brief-dizzy-spells-hay-fever-sinus-allregies.html)

Jomar 09-26-2008 02:57 PM

Do you get brief dizzy spells with your hay fever/sinus allregies?

I've been having some quick dizzy/vertigo type spells that just hit quick and fade away but kind of makes me stop and wonder what is causing that!

I did take my BP at a store machine the other day and the chart indicated possible pre hypertension.

But at dr appt today it was fine, she said the store ones run high quite often.. plus I was pushing the grocery cart and walking fast right before testing on the store machine.

The dr & her nurse both mentioned that spells like that can be caused by allergies - I had never heard of that.
i have mild chronic sinus allergies/hay fever type stuff - never really took any meds for it.
She rx'd a new nasal spray {gave me a coupon for a free 1st one}, recommended an OTC allergy tab and a decongestant - said to try these for 2 weeks to see if the spells and nasal drainage stop.
Also did some blood work so I'll get the results of that in a week or so.

Curious 09-26-2008 03:06 PM

:hug: jo, have you used a neti pot to clear out your sinuses?

lil'monkey was having the same thing happen. it was like she wasn't getting enough oxygen when allergies hit.

i know i posted about this before, but we were shocked at what came out! :eek:

Jomar 09-26-2008 03:10 PM

oh I totally forgot about that :)

Curious 09-26-2008 03:16 PM

:D you want me to remind you what came out of her nose?:wink:

Jomar 09-26-2008 03:18 PM

nnnooooo thanks...:D

Twinkletoes 09-26-2008 03:29 PM

Got pics? :rolleyes:

FinLady 09-28-2008 11:30 AM

Yep. If you get stuffed up enough, you can get it from the allergies.

I've had bad allergies all my life. was on allergy shots from 4 -14 until I had an allergic reaction. Yep, even allergic to the shots - LOL!!

It can also be caused by the sinus pressure getting into the inner ear. Balance goes out the window! Double fun when you already have balance issues caused by other stuff. :rolleyes: This is why I have to take decongestants. To avoid the dizzyness and to keep from getting infections that happen when my sinuses get too dry.

pepperpot 11-24-2008 10:15 AM

Dizziness and vertigo can be caused by inner ear infections which can resolve itself within 2 weeks. Also, it could be caused by exposure to chemicals. Pay close attention to where you are and what you are doing whenever you feel these symptoms. Look for a common link.

Jomar 11-24-2008 02:26 PM

Just an update, the dizzy spells must have been from allergy/hay fever issues after all.
After using the steroid nasal spray the spells stopped quite soon and my chronic stuffiness cleared up too.
I also didn't snore as much at night:)

Dmom3005 11-24-2008 11:08 PM

Okay Curious

I need a idea how this nedi pot works.

I can't remember. No I don't want to know what comes out of
the nose.

I am needing to get my problems straightened out.

Donna