NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Books, Movies, Music and TV Talk (https://www.neurotalk.org/books-movies-music-and-tv-talk/)
-   -   TV: Any AMAZING RACE fans??? (https://www.neurotalk.org/books-movies-music-and-tv-talk/55187-amazing-race-fans.html)

Judy2 09-29-2008 03:11 AM

Any AMAZING RACE fans???

Well, they're off and running again. This is my favorite reality show being we can "tour" with them without having to eat yucky stuff, deal with taxi drivers who don't understand, etc. I was sorry to see the "Old Hippies/Beekeepers" eliminated tonight. They just couldn't keep up.

Wonder if they could ever produce a similar version for those of us who have to use "wheels" as our mode of transportation? Of course we'd have to bring along a "normal" for a little help! Just a thought. :)

GO!!!!!!!!!!!..............

Bobbi 09-29-2008 04:15 AM

I'm a fan, Judy. I also was hoping that the beekeepers from Oregon would have remained in the "game" longer.

I've never read the program's criteria for auditioning/acceptance, yet would be interested in knowing if there is an "exclusion" for people who aren't as physically agile or mobile as most of those "competing" seem to be.

Maybe they could do an alternate "Amazing Race."

Judy2 09-30-2008 07:07 PM

That's exactly what I was thinking, Bobbi. Like the Olympics have the special Para-Olympics, why not a "sit down" version of the Race for people in wheelchairs. Can't you just picture it, lots of people driving around in accessible vans! Of course they'd have to come up with many new challenges, no climbing, stairs, rappeling (sp?), etc., but it could still be fun! Hmmmmm -- maybe we should write to the Producers and see what they say? Ya never know!!!!

Abbie 09-30-2008 07:33 PM

I'm an Amazing Race Junkie.... addicted since it first aired... it's my way of taking a virtual vacation trip around the world...:D

I haven't found a couple to cheer for yet... also haven't found one to cheer against yet.... :rolleyes:

I wanted so bad to compete before I was hurt.... my brother and I were ready to audition... but fate stepped in... now I think... maybe someday..:confused:

Abbie

snoozie 10-01-2008 12:03 AM

I hated to see the beekeepers leave too. I don't have a favorite yet but there are a couple that can leave anytime and I would not care...Sue:p

Bobbi 10-01-2008 02:23 AM

I've not looked at the program's website - to see if it does have a page or pages about how to apply or who can apply. But... when I've some time, it's a will-do. If less-than-perfectly physically mobile are excluded, it would be worth taking some time to pitch an idea to producers. :) We already know what the answer is if we don't ask or rule it out entirely ;).

Judy2 10-16-2008 05:28 PM

Bobbi, that's a great idea! We'll leave the investigating, etc., in your capable hands!! Even though it's been a couple weeks now, I still don't have a favorite team. Seems like there are quite a few who spend the entire time yelling at each other This week I'll really have to pay closer attention to the "people" and pick a fav. It's more fun that way. It must be about time to get out of South America?? Where next?