NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Spinal Disorders & Back Pain (https://www.neurotalk.org/spinal-disorders-and-back-pain/)
-   -   Torn disc (https://www.neurotalk.org/spinal-disorders-and-back-pain/55323-torn-disc.html)

rfei57 09-30-2008 08:52 PM

Torn disc

Has anyone had a torn disc fix and if so what did they do to fix it and is it still ok or has it started hurting again:confused:

mistiis 10-02-2008 11:44 AM

...sorry you are having to go through this. I have, and have had, a torn disc, bulging disc, and herniated disc. So I can understand. The torn disc, if not badly herniated, can be dealt with. I have one in my lower back. At one point, it was so painful that I could not move. My husband had to help me with everything, not a pretty picture. However, with time, rest, physical therapy and medications it did get better. That was about 7 years ago. I have had it flare up a few times since then. And I have been able to control it with medication, tens unit, and muscle stimulation, and heat. So far it is stable........I wish I could say the same for my neck....good luck and I hope this helps some....take care of yourself....:hug: gently

rfei57 10-02-2008 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mistiis (Post 381287)
...sorry you are having to go through this. I have, and have had, a torn disc, bulging disc, and herniated disc. So I can understand. The torn disc, if not badly herniated, can be dealt with. I have one in my lower back. At one point, it was so painful that I could not move. My husband had to help me with everything, not a pretty picture. However, with time, rest, physical therapy and medications it did get better. That was about 7 years ago. I have had it flare up a few times since then. And I have been able to control it with medication, tens unit, and muscle stimulation, and heat. So far it is stable........I wish I could say the same for my neck....good luck and I hope this helps some....take care of yourself....:hug: gently

Thank you: I have had this gone on for two years and it is just getting wrost
they have tried everything it is in to my hip and leg and they are wanting to sap it and kill the disc. I am like you if that was the only problem I had it would not be so bad, but my neck down to s1 is bad:eek:

mistiis 10-04-2008 07:31 PM

....do you have a dx for your spinal problems? I know there are some really difficult things out there to have to deal with. I try to count myself lucky. But chronic pain is not easy to deal with. If they sap the disk, then what? Will you have to deal with bone on bone? Will they try a fusion? I have been reading about some alternatives out there for messed up discs. That radiational pain down the legs and through the hip is murder. Do you have any cervical fusions? I have questions about mine but haven't ventured them yet as this forum does not seem too active. Hope you are feeling some better and getting control of that pain...take care :hug:

case 11-05-2008 06:49 PM

torn disc

Quote:

Originally Posted by rfei57 (Post 380154)
Has anyone had a torn disc fix and if so what did they do to fix it and is it still ok or has it started hurting again:confused:

I have a bulging disc in my lower back. and a torn disc in my mid back. and im only 14! I have done physical therapy, which didnt help, so the dr took me off of that. He told me to rest and it didnt help. They also put me on steriods which didnt help. Now i am still having pain everyday, and i have a portable electric shock thing, to help me with my pain called a tens unit. It helps when i play sports, but never has relieved all the pain.