NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Stupid rainy day (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/55425-stupid-rainy-day.html)

Blessings2You 10-02-2008 05:50 AM

Stupid rainy day

I usually walk to work with Speed Buggy, my rollator, but it's pouring rain and there's no good way to push the buggy and hold an umbrella. So I'm taking my car, which I hate.

It's actually easier to walk than to climb in and out of the car twice. I stop at the store on the way to work to get my paper, and now I'm sitting here remembering the rainy days when I would just dash in quickly to get something, then dash back out to the nice dry car.

Now I have to loop my purse over my neck, get my cane (Loco) and put the strap around my wrist, push open the car door, maneuver both of my legs out, push and pull and shove myself out of the car, get my balance, coordinate my feet and cane, and then carefully chug my way into the store, get the paper, then repeat the other steps. By then I'm wet and crabby and I haven't even got to work yet, where I have to repeat the procedure.

Everything hurts, even the stuff that doesn't work, and I just want to pull the shades and call in dead. Bleah bleah bleah.

Remember that old song "I Love a Rainy Night"? I hate it. :D

FinLady 10-02-2008 07:07 AM

Ugh! Sorry to hear you're going to have a rough rainy day ahead, B2Y. :hug:

Bets 10-02-2008 07:14 AM

I bought rain gear (pants and jacket with a hood) for when I walk my dog. I bought the pants on sale at a running store for about $25, they have an elastic waist and can fit over pants or a skirt (kinda). The jacket was more expensive but it is fancier. Might work for you.

Or you could get one of those umbrella hats:o

Kitty 10-02-2008 07:31 AM

I'm sorry you're having such a soggy morning, B2Y. :( I'm not much help because I love rainy days!! Even if I have to be out in them. I know.....I'm weird like that. So.....just try to enjoy your day once you're inside and warm and dry. It could be worse.....could be sleet!! :D

kicker 10-02-2008 09:28 AM

You can buy rain gear for a wide range of amount of $. For camping we always bought some really cheap at those type of less expensive stores (Army/Navy stores) for more use, you don't want cheap ones.I used to have a hat like the Gorton's Fisherman, but they can be hard to find. Camping in the rain justs s***s so I don't do it anymore. And tents never have toilets. That post-midnight Pee rush is never fun and in the dark and rain - forget about it!!!!! Hotels only for me now. (preferabaly with a handicap shower)

yeahbut 10-02-2008 11:55 AM

If it makes you feel any better B2U, it is raining here in Maine also. I am not moving to fast myself. I had to go to the bank - soaked by the time I got my balance and waddled my way into the bank at the highest speed I could. Then off to class - same thing all over again except I have my bag of books that today weights 100 lbs I am sure of it!!!! :eek: I was double soaked to the skin by the time I just stood up and thought "ok, I can do this". And to top it off - I really had to peeeeeeee! :eek: :eek:

You remember the train "I think I can, I think I can"? well, I was saying that all the way across the parking lot at school on my way in.

My legs are just not working today either.... I am not as you are but believe me you are not alone either! :hug:

dmplaura 10-02-2008 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yeahbut (Post 381295)
If it makes you feel any better B2U, it is raining here in Maine also.

Same here in New Brunswick. Cold, damp and rainy :(

weegot5kiz 10-02-2008 01:17 PM

sorry the weather gods are frowning on ya BTY,

its beautiful here, just kidding lol I know ::::::::SMACK::::::::::::sorry :)

its chilly as heck , doesnt matter if its partly sunny its cold

hope the weather gets dryer for the weekend:hug:

SallyC 10-02-2008 01:42 PM

So sorry Blessings. :( I kinda had a day like that on tuesday...rainy, humid and yucky. I didn't go out but couldn't move around, very well, all day. :mad:

Today is dryer and I'm loving it..:D

:hug:

Blessings2You 10-02-2008 04:58 PM

Thanks, guys. Guess I'm having a mini-pity party. OK, a major one. I'm crabby, and I don't care. I just told that to Bob, and I said, "I'm either going to be crabby, or I'm going to cry. What's your preference?" and he said "Be crabby."

We're having special services at church this week, starting tonight, that I've been looking forward to for MONTHS, and I just...can't...go. It doesn't even start until 7:00, and I'm already toast crumbs. And no, I'm not feeling guilty, I'm just feeling crabby because I wanted to go. Boo. Hiss.

I hope I don't get in the habit of this crabby thing.