NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Favorite new shows from the fall lineup? (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/55963-favorite-fall-lineup.html)

Earl 10-09-2008 10:57 PM

Favorite new shows from the fall lineup?

Ok, so there are some fav's coming back, I am glad Dirty Sexy Money (DSM) is back, I thought it was canceled. Well written.

I like "Gary Un-Married (GU) partially since I am going through my marriage break up. Partially because the writing and acting is "par". I never liked Jay Mohr before this show.

All my fav's are back too, I am not into Survivor, it's the same old show with a new model cast.

I just watched Kath and Kim, kind of lame, I may give it one more chance next week.

So what are you tuning into this fall for the first time?

Erin524 10-10-2008 01:09 AM

I really liked Eleventh Hour tonight. Rufus Sewell was actually pretty good playing a good guy for a change.

CSI (Vegas) was good. Too bad they did what they did with this episode (trying to keep from spoiling it for anyone) but I thought it was a really well done episode.

All my favorites have been brought back, Numb3rs, Stargate: Atlantis (which they're cancelling in January!! Eeeek!!), Criminal Minds, the other CSI's, NCIS (LOVE that show!) and a bunch of others.

I watched The Mentalist last week, and it was actually pretty good. I'm giving it another chance next episode.

I thought that Sanctuary (on the SciFi channel) would be pretty good since it has a former Stargate: SG-1 cast member in it, but the pilot episode played more like a badly made SciFi Channel saturday night movie. (all SciFi Channel saturday night movies that they produce have sucked...horribly)

I think so far, my favorite show to return has been Boston Legal. I love it when William Shatner does comedy.

oldsteve 10-10-2008 04:15 AM

I like some Discovery channel shows like Mythbusters and Dirty Jobs.

I don't watch too many regular prime-time shows. Occasionally CSI, Two and a Half Men, the animated shows on Fox, but usually prefer PBS shows like History Detectives and NOVA.

Guess I'm just a dull old man.

Kitty 10-10-2008 05:14 AM

I don't watch alot of network television. I tend to watch The History channel, TLC, A&E and The National Geographic Channel mostly. My son loves to watch Mythbusters. I've watched it a couple of times and it's pretty interesting. I do love the TVLand channel. Love those old reruns!!

The only network show I've ever watched consistently (and it's not on anymore) is Everybody Loves Raymond.

I never follow the reality shows.

weegot5kiz 10-10-2008 08:41 AM

:Bang-Head: I thought this said shoes, eeeye eeeye eeeye, wondered why shelley didnt post, speaking of shows has anyone ever heard what happened to 4400

Erin524 10-10-2008 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weegot5kiz (Post 385735)
:Bang-Head: I thought this said shoes, eeeye eeeye eeeye, wondered why shelley didnt post, speaking of shows has anyone ever heard what happened to 4400

Didnt that get cancelled?

Also, in response to the others talking about Mythbusters. I love that show too! (especially when they blow stuff up!) and I also watch a lot of the History Channels. If I'm not watching network television, my tv is either on Fox News, or it's on Discovery or one of the History Channels...or on TruTv (formerly known and Court Tv)

ewizabeth 10-10-2008 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earl (Post 385591)
I like "Gary Un-Married (GU) partially since I am going through my marriage break up. Partially because the writing and acting is "par". I never liked Jay Mohr before this show.

I thought that was kind of a cute show too. Sorry about your marriage troubles though!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin524 (Post 385640)
CSI (Vegas) was good. Too bad they did what they did with this episode (trying to keep from spoiling it for anyone) but I thought it was a really well done episode.

All my favorites have been brought back, Numb3rs, Stargate: Atlantis (which they're cancelling in January!! Eeeek!!), Criminal Minds, the other CSI's, NCIS (LOVE that show!) and a bunch of others.

I watched The Mentalist last week, and it was actually pretty good. I'm giving it another chance next episode.

I thought that Sanctuary (on the SciFi channel) would be pretty good since it has a former Stargate: SG-1 cast member in it, but the pilot episode played more like a badly made SciFi Channel saturday night movie. (all SciFi Channel saturday night movies that they produce have sucked...horribly)

I think so far, my favorite show to return has been Boston Legal. I love it when William Shatner does comedy.

You and I like a lot of the same shows Erin. I love NCIS and Criminal Minds. I also thought the new show The Mentalist was great! I also like the CSI's and sort of like Numb3rs.

I also like Boston Legal.

SallyC 10-10-2008 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin524 (Post 385640)

My fav too, Erin, but, unfortunately, this is their last year...:( I hate when that happens..:mad:

lady_express_44 10-10-2008 11:48 AM

I'm not big on TV, but I like CSI, Gray's Anatomy, House, and So You Think You Can Dance. I prefer shows where it doesn't really matter if you miss one or three episodes, cause I usually do.

Cherie

Victor H 10-10-2008 11:59 AM

"The Unit"

"Life On Mars"

The latter began yesterday and it was a hoot.

-Vic