NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Not to sound all whiney (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/56029-sound-whiney.html)

Erin524 10-11-2008 12:56 AM

Not to sound all whiney

Why is it that everytime I have an issue with something, it always happens on a weekend, or too late on a friday to have anything done about it?

I felt like crap the last couple of weekends, and then felt better this week...but today, my allergies are trying to kill me, and I guess the antihistamines are causing another issue that has been bugging me lately.

So, I guess I have to feel like crap, without my antihistamines anymore, and sit here and wait for the other issues to work their way out of my system.

I'm freezing right now. I dont know if I have a fever from the possible sinus infection that I might be developing, or the possible uti that might be developing. My right ear hurts too. (make this all go away!!!!!)

I'm not going to be sleeping tonight (first time in a few weeks) because I think both of my issues are going to be competing for my attention tonight. (cant breathe when I lay down)

charlie w 10-11-2008 09:31 AM

Its called Murphys Law. It is a universal constient(sp?) and applies to all things: wash your car = bird poops on it, clean your house = kids & spouse come home and dirty it up etc.

To counter said effect be proactive and not reactive, treat yourself before IE: like taking ASA-tylenol before shots. Even tho its not much every little bit helps.

yeahbut 10-11-2008 10:27 AM

sorry you are not feeling well again Erin. I hope you got some rest and things are better for you today.

Erin524 10-11-2008 11:44 AM

When I went to bed last night, my entire body hurt. Toes, knees, neck, arms, back, even my fingers.

I took a couple of Tylenol and actually managed to fall asleep. Then the charlie horses hit me about an hour or so ago. Owwwww!

gosh this MS crap (spasticity) really sucks to no end. Now I feel like someone has been beating on me. Especially my back and neck. My toes feel weird, and my arms were both dead asleep when I woke up. (hands woke up about 5 minutes after I did)

I still dont feel good from last night (altho, the potty issue doesnt seem to be much of an issue for me yet today, yay!)

I'm supposed to go to a play (Marx Brother's Cocoanuts) tomorrow with my parents and my boyfriend. I hope I feel better tomorrow. Murphy's stupid law needs to be repealed and taken off the books.

I think I'm going to take some more Tylenol and see if I can sit and crochet for awhile.

Desinie 10-11-2008 12:27 PM

Hope you feel better, Erin!:hug: Just wanted to let you know , you're not alone in the having things act up on the weekends. Seems to always be the case with me too.

dmplaura 10-11-2008 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin524 (Post 386209)
Why is it that everytime I have an issue with something, it always happens on a weekend, or too late on a friday to have anything done about it?

Word sister. This isn't just you. This is pretty much a good majority of us.

How many of us have had an appliance break down at the worst time (holiday)?

Hell, my furnace broke down when it was -40C out (that's also -40F) which was THE coldest night of the entire winter.

Desinie 10-11-2008 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmplaura (Post 386469)

Hell, my furnace broke down when it was -40C out (that's also -40F) which was THE coldest night of the entire winter.

Just wanted to let you know,Laura, I just had a little laugh on the "Word,sister." lol thank you!

Erin524 10-11-2008 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmplaura (Post 386469)

Last year, on one of the hottest days of the year, our air conditioner froze up and died. I was really really ticked off about that one...and it was on a weekend. (naturally...) My dad had to pay extra to have them install the heat pump he'd been wanting to get for awhile.

I think the MS Trolls in my head must have a calendar or something with them, they seem to like screwing up my weekends. They've been particularly annoying the past few weekends. I wish they'd hurry up and go on vacation for a bit. Stupid trolls.

And the Allergy Gremlins are just not being very nice either. Maybe they're the ones ticking off the MS Trolls?

dmplaura 10-11-2008 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desinie (Post 386481)
Just wanted to let you know,Laura, I just had a little laugh on the "Word,sister." lol thank you!

Glad I could brighten your day! :D

Hugs Desinie :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin524 (Post 386511)
I think the MS Trolls in my head must have a calendar or something with them, they seem to like screwing up my weekends.

Try rubbing their bellies for good luck?

NurseNancy 10-11-2008 05:27 PM

erin,

i'm sorry you've got so much going on and you're feeling so bad.
hopefully you can make it til monday. call your dr's office the minute they open. that's when you can usually catch an open appt.

feel better soon.