NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Chat (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/)
-   -   Life is Good (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/56100-life.html)

Bannet 10-12-2008 06:44 PM

Life is Good

Hi had such a wonderful weekend that I just wanted to share it.

Yesterday(saturday) I went and picked up my two grandchildren, Tyler (5) and James(17 months) I haven't been able to see them since June so it was quite a treat.

We went to the park and of course I took lots of pics so when I get some time I'll put them in my profile.

We came home and had pizza night which they loved. Played on the trampoline and had a huge bon fire with smores hmmm

Today we went to a restaurant where we all surprised my sweet grandma with a 98th birthday party. She was so surprised!!!!

All 5 generations were there. We ate and she opened presents and we took tons of pics.

She is such a miracle. I am so very thankful to still have her!

Thanks for listening!!!!

FranksAngel 10-12-2008 06:57 PM

awesome beth ... sounds like you had a busy weekend that was full of family and fun ... so glad all went well for you:hug:

Kitty 10-12-2008 07:02 PM

That's wonderful Beth! Time spent with family is always time well spent. Bet you did some spoiling of those grandson's, too! :)

yeahbut 10-12-2008 08:10 PM

Thanks for sharing Beth, sounds like you had a wonderful time! Glad to see you back online too, Missed Ya!

:hug:

Twinkletoes 10-12-2008 08:14 PM

Awwww, that's so nice, Beth!

98th b-day, eh? Tell her I know the secret on how to live to be 100: You make it to 99, and then

be vewwy vewwy keerful. :D

Bannet 10-13-2008 08:13 AM

Grandma tells me her secret to longevity is her nip of Brandy everynight for the last 75 years. LOL:cool:

Also I had a spat with my son a few months ago so I chose to back off for awhile but after not seeing my beautiful grandchildren since June I bit the bullet and called him.

It was tough and I did let him know I have not forgiven him but I want to see the kids. He said no problem and we met half way.

At my gram's party he sat next to me at dinner and I actually enjoyed his company. (still waiting for an apology and him fixing what he screwed up on)

But all in all I spoiled those kids like there was no tomorrow:D

Girlie Girl 10-13-2008 08:25 AM

Sounds like a great weekend Beth! Good for you! And good for your DS to not let an arguement get in the way of his kids and their grandma!!!!

yeahbut 10-13-2008 08:43 AM

Beth I had a Gr Uncle that said the same thing about his "Whiskey". He lived to me 94 and passed of Cancer.

I can stand to drink Whiskey.... but it is still a great idea!

That is great of you to put your feelings aside to your son to see your grandsons - and I am sure they missed you and sounds like you all had a wonderful time!

Maybe sitting beside you at the party is a first step with your son. Since he is your son I am sure in time he will talk to you! :hug:

Victor H 10-13-2008 11:26 AM

Good good for you, Beth !!!!:)

-Vic

SandyC 10-13-2008 11:38 AM

Thanks for sharing Beth! :hug: