NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Do you look in the medicine cabinet in other peoples homes? (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/56901-look-medicine-cabinet-peoples-homes.html)

Dejibo 10-17-2008 07:57 AM

Do you look in the medicine cabinet in other peoples homes?

The TP thread got me thinking. Some people are in there a long time, and it makes ya wonder what they are up to.

Do you open and look at the things in other peoples medicine cabinets when at their homes? visits? parties? strangers or just cause?

sassy 10-17-2008 08:01 AM

I don't but my BIL has his med chest rigged so when you open it the radio plays REAL loud (he's an electrician) and his first "victim" was his own sister. She said she was looking for aspirin for her headache. LOL

soxmom 10-17-2008 08:06 AM

There was a mom of one of my children['s friends who always took so
much time in the bathroom at everyones houses. Come to find out
she stole drugs from me twice.:(

Now we all know what she was looking for. Sad part is she lost evry thing.
kids, house , job and she is in a residential treatment facility now.:(

Nope, I never look. If I want some tylenol..........I ask.:)

Curious 10-17-2008 08:08 AM

put something in there that will fall out and make noise if they open it. :p

my x's family were the worst. they would open dresser drawers, closets, you name it. noisy people.

:confused: maybe that's why i am so **** about keeping those areas organized. :eek:

Jodylee 10-17-2008 08:19 AM

Yeah, I do it. :o I do it to see if other's medicine cabinets look like a pharmacy like mine does :rolleyes:. I expect that people do the same at my house. I've taped a smiley face on the inside of the door that says 'Hi !'. I must be a nut, huh? I do feel guilty though. :o.

Dejibo 10-17-2008 08:29 AM

I dont keep my real meds in the medicine cabinet, you are not supposed to. its hot and humid in there, and causes meds to degrade.

btw, if my sister is coming invest in locks! she is a pill popping nut job, and will search your sock drawers looking for extra pills if she thinks you are distracted. When she has come to my home in the past, I LOCK all my meds, including ones I am not using currently, into the safe. along with the spare checks, and hide the financial papers with ANY account numbers on um.

azoyizes 10-17-2008 09:08 AM

Dejibo: What a shame to have to lock everything up if your sister visits. I've known people who had to lock or hide their liquor if a certain relative visits because this person would drink after everyone else went to bed. How sad.

I don't go into other people's medicine cabinets, closets, etc. I wouldn't want anyone snooping in mine, either.

GladysD 10-17-2008 09:17 AM

If I need something, I'll ask. I don't like to look through other people's stuff.

ewizabeth 10-17-2008 09:23 AM

I don't, but not because it's rude, I just don't think of doing it. It takes me long enough as it is, if I start to take inventory I'll be in there forever, lol.

Dejibo 10-17-2008 10:02 AM

when I moved 3 years ago, i didnt give my sister my address. She lives many states away, and I dont want a surprise visit in the middle of the night, saying she just wandered in my direction, and expects a place to stay for the night. I LOVE her, but HATE her choices, and her behavior. it really makes me mad, and scared. Until she can show me a clean track record of minimum 6 months clean, she wont be staying in my house. The last time I went home to visit my mom, she broke the window in my rental car, trying to search it for my pills. She told me the insurance company would have to pay for it, to not sweat the small stuff, then cussed me out for hiding my pills. Which were NOT in the car. I hid them in the wheel well of the spare tire hole. I have woken up to find her searching my room, so now I prop things against the door when I stay there, so it clangs, and makes lots of racket when she pushes open the door. its really sad to see how lost she is.

I used to look in people med cabinets in my 20s. i thought it was amazing! I was curious about what they had. I somehow lost the urge in my 30s, and now in my 40s I consider it to be just rude. I have caught several of my fancy pants neighbors with their snoots in my cabinet. "oh I needed a bandaid, or a tylenol" they say. "ASK" I say.