NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Going In Hospital On Wednesday (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/57135-hospital-wednesday.html)

ali12 10-20-2008 07:17 AM

Going In Hospital On Wednesday

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know that I am going into the Hospital on Wednesday. I am going to be put under General Anaesthetic, having my leg manipulated into a normal position (it is currently really rotated out to the side) and having a splint moulded to the shape of my foot. As you can probably imagine, I am pretty nervous has I know you shouldn't use Splints on RSD limbs but my doctor feels that it is the only chance of getting my leg moving again has everything else has failed ... If the Splint doesn't work I will then have to have my leg put into a full leg cast in January for at least a week which I don't want to do!! Has well has the RSD, I suffer from Dystonia and Myoclonus which are both complications of the RSD ... it is hoped that the splint will try and keep my leg into a normal position.

I will just be staying in hospital for the day hopefully, I have to be on Day Care at 8am and am going to the Operating Room at 9.30am. My Physical Therapists wanted to do some PT straight after I woke up from the Anaesthetic but I will be way too drowsey - I always have a hard time waking up and coming round!!

I will keep you all updated with how everything goes when I feel up to it. I would really appreciate it if you could keep me in your thoughts and prayers has I am pretty scared!! Everytime I go to the Operating Room, I always seem to come out worse and with complications!!

Thank you ever so much!!

Alison:hug:

Summertime 10-20-2008 08:07 AM

Ali

I wish you good luck and hope you find some relief with everything you are going through. You are very supportive to all of us who are new and old to RSD.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.:grouphug:

Kitty 10-20-2008 08:29 AM

I hope everything goes well for you, Ali. I'll keep you in my prayers.

NikonKid 10-20-2008 01:52 PM

Many hopes and prayers being sent your way that you will have a successful procedure :)
Jeanne

lostmary 10-20-2008 01:59 PM

Ali,

I'll be think of you Wed. You have had to go thru so much. My fingers are crossed for this working. I'll be in the hospital Wed also. I'm sure it will be a few days before we can post, so just remember that I'm with you in spirit.

Hugs
mary

Twinkletoes 10-20-2008 02:07 PM

My goodness, Ali! I don't blame you for being scared!

However, I know that you know this might be your best chance to correct the aligment of your leg. You are a very brave girl. I wish you the very best and you will definitely be in my prayers.

Be sure to keep us posted, okay cutie? :hug:

ali12 10-20-2008 02:16 PM

Thank you all ever sooo much for all of your kind words and prayers - they mean a lot to me ((hugs)). I will definitely keep you all updated when I can.

Summertime - Thank you so much for the kind words, I really appreciate them :hug:. I hope you are doing well and you are in my thoughts.

herekitty1960 - Thank you ever so much for your kind wishes, I truly appreciate them and I will keep you updated. Take care.

NikonKid - Thank you so much for the kind words, they mean a lot to me. I hope you are having many low-pain days!!

Lostmary - Thank you sooo much for your kind words - they truly mean a lot to me. I wish you the very best of luck when you go in Hospital on Wednesday and hope that your procedure goes well and that you have a speedy recovery!! I will be there with you in spirit, holding your hand whenever you need a hug. I look forward to your update. Take care and pain-free hugs.

Twinkletoes - Thank you ever sooo much for your kind words and best wishes, I truly appreciate them!! I am so scared but am remaining optimistic that this procedure will help me. I will keep you updated. Take care.

Thank you all and pain-free hugs!!

Alison

LMJunior 10-21-2008 08:10 AM

Hi Ali

I wanted to wish you good luck tomorrow when you go in the hospital. I will say prayers that everything goes good and you will have relief soon. Take Care

Laraine:hug:

Rita 10-21-2008 08:29 AM

Good Luck, Ali! I know you will do great, and Reed and I will say an extra prayer for you on Wednesday! Hugs!!

DianaA 10-21-2008 03:06 PM

All the best ali

Ali,
All the best to you dear. Lots of hugs :hug: and my prayers will include you.
Keep hopeful and have faith, that everything will be alright. Also, you should give HBO a try. It keeps me doing very well. All the Best, our little Yorkshire lass, keep us updated.
Love and prayers
Diana