NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   New and improved family room makeover! (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/57269-improved-family-makeover.html)

doydie 10-20-2008 10:49 PM

New and improved family room makeover!

I forgot how early in the morning 7 AM is! But Where it took the other guy days to put up the drywall, this team got it up in one day. Of course they were able to use part of the opther drywall. The *&^%$%^^ didn't mess everything up! So the drywall finishers will start tomorrow. Now they do have some messes to clean up form the $%%^&&%%! So hopefully it's painting next week and then furniture!!!!! Then my husband can go back to his 52 inch TV and let me have mine. When the $$%%^^%$%$ was doing the remodel, most of the shows were in reruns and I didn't mind turning off the TV at 9 PM but I don't want to now.

$$%^^&&&*&^^%= insert guy's name that scammed us.

Twinkletoes 10-20-2008 10:57 PM

Remember we want Before and After pics! ;)

doydie 10-21-2008 11:09 PM

I'm not sure I can figure out how to put pics on but I'll try!

Funny thing. When we were getting estimates after the first fiasco we got estimates for drywalling only and drywalling and general carpentry which would include painting. Drywalling only would be considerably cheaper. But my husband is not one who really gets to it and finishes a job. The estimate for the drywaller is a favorite here in town and gave us a very good estimate. But we chose the general contractor. So they came in and did the carpentry work neccesary to repair the other $%^&&%%$ work and put up drywall and said the drywall finishers would call us as to what time they would be here tomorrow to start the long process of finishing. I was suprised when this guy form the favored drywall company called. today. I told him I had never signed a contract with him, and he said he was the subcontractor from our contractor! So I get the best of both worlds!

We went out to pick drapes today. Our furniture is casual, that suede look with some leather on it. So my DH picks out these very adorned almost upholstered look draperies. They looked like they were for a very formal living room, not a casula family room. So we went to Walmoart and found some that kind of resembled waht he wanted but not as formal and definetley not the same price. We just have to find a rug now! I want an accent rug and we can't find one that's about 3x6 that we like. everything is in the 3z5 range.

jprinz99 10-21-2008 11:16 PM

I can see it all in my mind. You must be about busting with excitment at getting it all put together. Congrats!

doydie 10-22-2008 11:29 PM

Today the drywallers were here. I remember when $%^&&^% was doing the drywalling on the ceiling. Him and his motley crew had these little stepstools all over the floor and got up on them, strained their arms and backs to put the taping and mud on. They would get down, move the stepstool over a little bit and do some more. These guys came in today with those cute stilt thingys and just walked all over doing it. They completed in 4 hours what took $#$%^&&%$ about a week to do, and it is so neat. They came on time, told me when they were leaving for lunch, came back on time and cleaned up. It was amazing. I hope to have the painting started on Tuesady.

doydie 10-24-2008 11:38 PM

Had the contractor come out today for a quik review of how things are going. The family room will probably be ours to finsh next Friday!!!! Of course that means that's when WE have to put up the chair rail molding and base boards so we can schedule the carpeting. But the end is in sight. If they were finishing up this week, my husband is off this weekend. But he works next weekend so I don't know when he will be able to get to it. I want my TV back!!!!!

AfterMyNap 10-24-2008 11:43 PM

Almost there, Doyd! You'll make it!

Riverwild 10-25-2008 09:15 AM

Glad to hear it's FINALLY going your way, Doydie!!

Twinkletoes 10-25-2008 10:12 AM

Happy for you, Doydie!

Ahem ... pics???

SallyC 10-25-2008 12:07 PM

Congrats!!! and Yes, Doyd, don't forget the pics..:D

Did ya see my ramp?? :)