NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Sanctuary for Spiritual Support (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/)
-   -   Prayer request for my Dad (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/57907-prayer-request-dad.html)

Twinkletoes 10-26-2008 11:21 PM

Prayer request for my Dad

Dad is 95 and has been blessed with excellent health. He didn't even take any prescription pills regularly until he was about 90.

He mentioned a lump under his armpit last week. Took him to the Dr. (PA, actually) and that's the first time I saw the mass. It is quite large (about the size of my cupped hand) and has lots of small marble-like lumps in it.

Not painful, but very worrisome. CT scan tomorrow morning.

Your prayers would be most appreciated.

ewizabeth 10-26-2008 11:25 PM

Saying a prayer right now. :hug:

Twinkletoes 10-26-2008 11:34 PM

Thanks, Wiz. He is pretty nervous about going in the morning.

ewizabeth 10-26-2008 11:35 PM

I hope it's just a benign mass, easily treated.

Koala77 10-26-2008 11:44 PM

You've got mine too Twink.

I do so hope that all will be well for your dear old dad. At his age he doesn't need any of this stuff now. I pray that all will be well when he goes for that scan.

Just remember that there are a lot of glands in that area, and deodorant is one of the biggest reasons why people get lumps under their armpits...... because if they use deodorant, the deo blocks the opening to the gland and the back flow of oils from the glands causes a blockage, and this comes up as a lump.

Am hoping this is the case for your dad.

Twinkletoes 10-26-2008 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koala77 (Post 397027)
You've got mine too Twink.

I do so hope that all will be well for your dear old dad. At his age he doesn't need any of this stuff now. I pray that all will be well when he goes for that scan.

Just remember that there are a lot of glands in that area, and deodorant is one of the biggest reasons why people get lumps under their armpits...... because if they use deo, the deo blocks the opening to the gland and the back flow of oils from the glands causes a blockage, and this comes up as a lump.

Thanks, Anne. I hadn't heard that about deodorant.

Darlene 10-27-2008 12:39 AM

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.:hug:

Kitty 10-27-2008 05:08 AM

Twink, I'm praying for him (and you!). I hope it's something easily and quickly treated. I feel like I've met your Dad through all the posts you've made about him. Bless his heart....95 years young and still going strong!

Chemar 10-27-2008 07:20 AM

I pray this is something benign and easily treated

((((((((((((Twink & Dad))))))))))))

ps re deodorant, if I use any antiperspirants I get rash and small lumps, plus if I use deodorant with aluminum compounds in them

(I have used a natural lavender one by Jasons for years now without problems)

soxmom 10-27-2008 07:46 AM

Im sending prayers and hugs for you and your dear father.:hug:

Ive loved all your stories(and articles)about him.........feel like I know
him a tiny bit. He will be in my thoughts. Good luck.:hug: