NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Community & Forum Feedback (https://www.neurotalk.org/community-and-forum-feedback/)
-   -   Ideas for new BT2 name (https://www.neurotalk.org/community-and-forum-feedback/585-ideas-bt2-name.html)

artist 09-08-2006 05:29 PM

Ideas for new BT2 name

Well now, I haven't stopped to think much about this, but to get the ball rolling:

Brain Central
BrainPower
Mind over Matter
The Nerve Centre
The Think Tank

I know some ideas have already been put forward, perhaps they could be copied here by the individual poster. Just makes it a whole bunch easier to have 'em all in one place.

(To all those who have criticized the choice of BrainTalk2 as a board title, remember it was named only as a temporary refuge for BT members; DocJohn has said he'll happily rename it - now's your chance to christen it properly).

More later :)
all the best

Feebs 09-08-2006 08:08 PM

I like all those! :)

No Brainer Support & Compassion Forum~~~~~ Yes, lame I know! :rolleyes:

Medical Issues and Friends Forum

Not sure if you want to leave the word, "Brain" in it.

World Wide Brain Central Forum

Medical Support Forum

Braintalkers R Us

Okay, back to lurkdom for awhile. :D Or unless I can think of something spectacular!

Feebs

paula 09-08-2006 09:06 PM

i like the word noggin

Can't resist:

Noggin Neurological Network or just Noggin Network

paula

I had to re-register today to get in....so back to post 1

Wittesea 09-08-2006 10:21 PM

Copied from one of my eariler posts whre a new name was discussed...

Quote:

Well, since DocJohn is from PsychCentral, then how about BrainCentral, HealthCentral, SupportCentral, etc....
Other new ideas...

NeuroCentral
NeuroTalk
HealthTalk
Health Support Central
Medical Support Central

dorry 09-08-2006 10:31 PM

I stink at names, but I like all of the above :D

swift 09-09-2006 02:23 AM

I think that most of those sound good. The only ones I wouldn't pick personally are the ones with colloquialisms in - it makes it much harder for anyone non-American English speaking to find the forum via a search engine.

JMHO,
Swift

DocJohn 09-09-2006 06:04 AM

These all sound good!

The name should also reflect a domain name that can be acquired, so unfortunately most of these are taken (at least the simpler ones!).

John

The Godfather 09-09-2006 08:49 AM

www.neurotalk.org is available

Feebs 09-09-2006 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Godfather (Post 4281)
www.neurotalk.org is available

I like that one actually. I like them all. Mine was just more of throwing idea's out there.

Feebs

ConsiderThis 09-09-2006 09:35 AM

I like the idea of BrainTalk too. i.e. BrainTalk2 seems fine to me.

I don't think it's a good idea to change names ... people get confused.

I was at one forum that changed about 4 times, and with each change they lost a quarter or more of their members... In the end, there was almost no one left...