NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Aneurysm (https://www.neurotalk.org/aneurysm/)
-   -   Angiogram (https://www.neurotalk.org/aneurysm/58710-angiogram.html)

Beth1957 11-03-2008 04:11 PM

Angiogram

Well, I had my angiogram on Friday & it turns out that I've probably had the snnie for years!
It seems to be quite slow growing, but is pretty big; sort of egg-shaped, 2.3cm by 1.8 cm :eek:. It's on my right carotid artery. Only really got picked up because of the effect it was having on my eyesight. I think I've been pretty lucky that it's not gone bang before now - so does my neurosurgeon! They're hoping to "do" me before the end of the year
They're going to try stenting and coiling it - if that doesn't work they'll do a bypass.

sarahin 11-08-2008 04:18 PM

Hi Beth,
Glad they found your aneursym before it ruptured. Hope your nerves are holding up during the wait for surgery. I have an untreated aneursym behind my right eye on the carotid artery myself. Currenty I have no symptoms and it is only 10.5 x 9mm. I haven't experienced coiling (though it is probably in my future), but have had an aneursym on my brain clipped. I have talked to people who have had coiling and I hear it is not too bad. Recovery is often pretty quick. Let us know how you are doing.

Beth1957 11-09-2008 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahin (Post 404432)
Hi Beth,
Glad they found your aneursym before it ruptured. Hope your nerves are holding up during the wait for surgery. I have an untreated aneursym behind my right eye on the carotid artery myself. Currenty I have no symptoms and it is only 10.5 x 9mm. I haven't experienced coiling (though it is probably in my future), but have had an aneursym on my brain clipped. I have talked to people who have had coiling and I hear it is not too bad. Recovery is often pretty quick. Let us know how you are doing.

Cheers Sarahin,
yep, I've heard coiling isn't so bad. Can't say Im:D, looking forward to it but it's better than the alternative!!!

sarahin 11-12-2008 12:11 PM

Beth,
Sounds like you're doing well. I was pretty anxious waiting for surgery. Remember to follow doctor's orders for recovery after your coiling now...Sarah :)

BAlive 01-22-2009 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beth1957 (Post 401557)
Well, I had my angiogram on Friday & it turns out that I've probably had the snnie for years!
It seems to be quite slow growing, but is pretty big; sort of egg-shaped, 2.3cm by 1.8 cm :eek:. It's on my right carotid artery. Only really got picked up because of the effect it was having on my eyesight. I think I've been pretty lucky that it's not gone bang before now - so does my neurosurgeon! They're hoping to "do" me before the end of the year
They're going to try stenting and coiling it - if that doesn't work they'll do a bypass.

I feel for you.. I had an annie in the left carotid. Mine was in the cm as well.. You mentioned you had some eyesight problems before the discovery.. What type of eyesight problems were you having?

Beth1957 01-22-2009 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAlive (Post 451408)
I feel for you.. I had an annie in the left carotid. Mine was in the cm as well.. You mentioned you had some eyesight problems before the discovery.. What type of eyesight problems were you having?

Blurring & double vision (worse when I'm tired, but pretty well constant) and loss of some of the visual field in the left upper quadrant of both eyes. Actually it seems to be affecting the lwft lower quadrant of mt left eye too, now. I'm getting quite reluctant to go out to busy or unfamiliar places on my own because i'm not used to it yet...
Ah well, I have my op, hopefully, on 11/2 - coiling & a stent. Hopefully it won't get any worse after that...:winky:

BAlive 01-22-2009 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beth1957 (Post 451444)
Blurring & double vision (worse when I'm tired, but pretty well constant) and loss of some of the visual field in the left upper quadrant of both eyes. Actually it seems to be affecting the lwft lower quadrant of mt left eye too, now. I'm getting quite reluctant to go out to busy or unfamiliar places on my own because i'm not used to it yet...
Ah well, I have my op, hopefully, on 11/2 - coiling & a stent. Hopefully it won't get any worse after that...:winky:

Well thats good that you are going to get it taken care of. In my case I really had little warning, just frequent migraines.

Sendin positive vibes your way. Stay strong and positive. :hug:

Beth1957 01-23-2009 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAlive (Post 451520)
Well thats good that you are going to get it taken care of. In my case I really had little warning, just frequent migraines.

Sendin positive vibes your way. Stay strong and positive. :hug:

Thanks, BA :hug: