NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   It's Too Late (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/5886-late.html)

ATallOne 11-08-2006 11:22 PM

It's Too Late

It;s Too Late! I can't sleep. I finally am feeling sooo much better in the constipation department. After taking the glycerin suppositories. For the first time in about a month my appetite is back. Believe me. The toxins were starting to get to me. I was bloating and my stomach was getting hard, plus I was having a harder time urinating. I was in serious pain.

Sooo I can't sleep as usual and I am very very hungry. I now put Benisure on everything I eat. It has no smell or taste and it dissolves immediately so it is after eleven at night (way late for me) and I am boiling spaghetti. Mamma Mia!! :D But I only use about a tbs of sauce becuase of acid reflux and I still love it. And I am now drinking water big time. Constipation can be a serious problem I am finding out and it is someting we all need to keep our eyes out for. Especially with all the meds. And please never be embarrassed to talk to somone on here if it becomes a problem for you. Either as a thread or a private message. We are all in this together and we are all going to be experiencing alot of evil side effects in some form or fashion.

Of course you ladies will have a few more or less than us guys but we will support ya anyway!!! :) Chin UP!!

Mark :) xoxo

Curious 11-09-2006 12:12 AM

mark....join us on the social chat forum anytime you can[t sleep. we have a night owls thread going. i think you will like our sense of humor. :p

monstermash 11-09-2006 10:52 PM

Mark

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATallOne (Post 36326)
It;s Too Late! I can't sleep. I finally am feeling sooo much better in the constipation department. After taking the glycerin suppositories. For the first time in about a month my appetite is back. Believe me. The toxins were starting to get to me. I was bloating and my stomach was getting hard, plus I was having a harder time urinating. I was in serious pain.

Sooo I can't sleep as usual and I am very very hungry. I now put Benisure on everything I eat. It has no smell or taste and it dissolves immediately so it is after eleven at night (way late for me) and I am boiling spaghetti. Mamma Mia!! :D But I only use about a tbs of sauce becuase of acid reflux and I still love it. And I am now drinking water big time. Constipation can be a serious problem I am finding out and it is someting we all need to keep our eyes out for. Especially with all the meds. And please never be embarrassed to talk to somone on here if it becomes a problem for you. Either as a thread or a private message. We are all in this together and we are all going to be experiencing alot of evil side effects in some form or fashion.

Of course you ladies will have a few more or less than us guys but we will support ya anyway!!! :) Chin UP!!

Mark :) xoxo

Saw this and just wanted to tell you that my doctor put me on GLYCO-LAX for the problem of constipation. He says that my pain doctor should have put me on this the very first day they started prescribing me narcotics. I take one capful in a glass of water every day and it really does help. I voiced concerns about taking any kind of laxative because I didn't want my body to become dependent on them and he said that I was right to be concerned about that but that this doesn't work the way a laxative does and therefore no dependence to the body like a laxative will cause.

My Part D insurance covers this and only cost me two bucks. Also, it doesn't have any taste. It does make the water taste heavy, if that makes any sense at all.... all you take is a capful in a 8 ounce glass of water.
Hope this helps and you really need to talk to your doc about it.
monstermash

artist 11-10-2006 03:48 AM

Hi Mark,

Yes, lots and lots of water...never hurts. I'm glad you're on the mend from that particular episode, very uncomfortable indeed.

Monstermash....I give up! I confess! Who the bleep are you, then? Or were you? It's such a rude question, I know, sorry...
Tell all!

all the best :)

LisaM 11-10-2006 11:16 AM

Of COURSE that always makes us feel better! Why do you think after a doggy does it's business they usually JUMP UP and run around crazy and all HAPPY looking?! LOL!

congrats on your newfound freedom :D

Hugs
LisaM