NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   New Year's Day Rose Parade - Floats! (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/59130-day-rose-parade-floats.html)

tovaxin_lab_rat 11-07-2008 01:48 PM

New Year's Day Rose Parade - Floats!

As some of you may know, I've recently become a partner in a flower shop. :D

My partner has been a professional floral designer for over 20 years and has racked up quite a few awards and honors.

She can put another one on the list!

Last week she was asked to be one of the Professional Floral Designers for two floats in the Pasadena Rose Parade this year!! She will be working primarily on two floats, The City of Anaheim and Bayer Advanced, but will be assisting on two or three others as time allows.

www.phxdeco.com click on 2009 floats and you can see the floats.

It's quite an honor! The only drawback is the first year you are asked, you pay your own travel expenses to and from Pasadena! They pay your expenses while you are there but you have to get there. We are looking for local corporate sponsors as she will be walking the entire 5 mile route alongside the floats and can wear anything on her shirt she wants!

It's quite an honor and she was absolutely blown away! We are so excited about this! She will be gone for 5 days which means I will be busy while she is gone! Fortunately, it's usually not a very busy time between Christmas and New Year's Day.

I would love to go with her and help out but there is no way I can walk all those miles (at least right now) but if we raise enough money maybe I will go. There are things I can do to help out and I would just love to be a part of this!!!

We have some feelers out for sponsorship and hopefully they will come through! There is one other florist in our town who is also going. :D

This is sooo exciting!!!

:yahoo::yahoo::Excited::Excited:

TwoKidsTwoCats 11-07-2008 02:29 PM

How fun! You will have to let us know which floats to watch for. I never miss watching the parade every year.:cool:

Edit: I think the Bayer Advanced float will be my favorite! :)

freeinhou 11-07-2008 05:14 PM

That's cool! Maybe this MS board can help out! I'd offer one of my MS150 shirts for her to wear on part of the parade but there's llike 5 zillion sponsor's logos on the shirts already.

On a more serious note, if there's something formal set up to sponsor her, let me know what/where.

I'm boycotting the rose bowl this year, but I'll probably "glimpse" at the parade. This probably only makes sense if ya know I went to the University of Michigan and my wife is an Ohio State grad...

Tom

Gazelle 11-07-2008 05:17 PM

I think it's cool too. It always amazes me that they can get those roses to walk that far in a parade.

tovaxin_lab_rat 11-07-2008 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freeinhou (Post 403942)
That's cool! Maybe this MS board can help out! I'd offer one of my MS150 shirts for her to wear on part of the parade but there's llike 5 zillion sponsor's logos on the shirts already.

On a more serious note, if there's something formal set up to sponsor her, let me know what/where.

I'm boycotting the rose bowl this year, but I'll probably "glimpse" at the parade. This probably only makes sense if ya know I went to the University of Michigan and my wife is an Ohio State grad...

Tom

Thanks Tom...nothing formal. Not asking for anything. Just wanted to let everyone know about the honor that has been bestowed upon our "shop" designer! She's really good at what she does! Now if she could ... never mind!

tovaxin_lab_rat 11-07-2008 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazelle (Post 403945)
I think it's cool too. It always amazes me that they can get those roses to walk that far in a parade.

Do you know that those tires on the floats are filled with foam, not air? :eek:

ewizabeth 11-07-2008 05:51 PM

Wow Cheryl, how awesome! That will be a good addition to add to your signs and advertisements! What's the next step, doing flowers for the Oscars or something? :)

Gazelle 11-07-2008 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Av8rgirl (Post 403952)
Do you know that those tires on the floats are filled with foam, not air? :eek:

:eek: is right! Seems like a perfectly good waste of beer foam.

tovaxin_lab_rat 11-07-2008 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewizabeth (Post 403964)
Wow Cheryl, how awesome! That will be a good addition to add to your signs and advertisements! What's the next step, doing flowers for the Oscars or something? :)

Inauguration Party floral arrangements.... You provide everything for free! Don't think so!

SallyC 11-07-2008 07:49 PM

Cool, Cheryl...Congrats!!!

Hey Tom, how did you and DW meet...LOL..:eek: