NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   What is Business coming to when..... (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/59707-business-coming.html)

befuddled2 11-13-2008 07:04 PM

What is Business coming to when.....

the doctor's office gives you their website to download all the paper work you need for a 1st time visit? Can you imagine the time, paper, and ink they save on when their patients are printing up all those forms? I'm sure they don't give a discounted price for doing that either. I find it very nervy. I was asked to do this today.

befuddled2

Bdix 11-13-2008 07:45 PM

We actually do this at my center as well. The reason is because the paperwork is completed before the first meeting, everything that is needed to fill out the paperwork is known ahead of time, and it means that you can immediatly be seen upon arriving.

I'm sure if you asked if you could just drive in and pick up the paperwork to fill out ahead of time they would be happy to print it off for you; or ask that the paperwork be mailed to you so you don't have to drive. We do this if someone does not have a printer, or doesn't wish to use their own. :)

befuddled2 11-13-2008 09:21 PM

Hi,

I realize that the idea is that the paper work is all filled in and that it doesn't have to be done while in the doctors. I have dial up and it took me a lot of time to print the papers. The space on the paper is very small to fill stuff in compared to the forms that are normally offered at the office. I am 30 miles away from this doctor so dropping by to get the forms is out of the question. I will get them to fill in the forms for me as the space is too small for me to write in.

befuddled2

Jomar 11-14-2008 12:36 AM

I prefer to fill out forms while at home and take my time, I always feel rushed at the office .
Plus I hate using those clip boards, my handwriting is not the best anymore anyway.

Oh last time I went to the doctors I had to redo my info... NOTHING had changed, but I still had to redo it because it had been a year ago. uuggghhh!

I do have a pet peeve with the tiny spaces to fill in on any form- makes me wonder who makes these forms up anyway...
what if someone has a long name or address??

Another pet peeve of mine is when they use light colored ink on receipts and such- you can barely read it

Mari 11-14-2008 12:39 AM

little spaces on the forms

Dear Befuddled,
They offer the forms like that as a convenience for their patients.
If it is not convenient for you, they will work with you.

I was at an office today with little tiny spaces and was wondering if it mattered what I wrote. I mean, if the space is too small for an ordinary address, maybe I can just use a made up version of my address and leave out most of it. Let's just make up stuff on those forms. :cool:

M.

waves 11-14-2008 04:05 AM

Yeahhhh!!! 'at'll lurn 'em!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mari (Post 407790)
I was at an office today with little tiny spaces and was wondering if it mattered what I wrote. I mean, if the space is too small for an ordinary address, maybe I can just use a made up version of my address and leave out most of it. Let's just make up stuff on those forms.

ROFLMAO! Mari you're a trip and a half! :D:D:D