NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Computers and Technology (https://www.neurotalk.org/computers-and-technology/)
-   -   WAV file not Supported (https://www.neurotalk.org/computers-and-technology/5978-wav-file-supported.html)

befuddled2 11-09-2006 11:53 PM

WAV file not Supported

I just recorded a song from a CD that was recorded many years ago so there should not be a problem with any of the coding of today's CDs. However, when I go to play the song back I get a message that the WAV file is not supported. What do I need to do to get a WAV file supported?

Thanks,

befuddled2

befuddled2 11-10-2006 01:05 AM

I think I need a new Sound Card and that is my problem. I am going to check out the Winter County's Adult Education program for their class on how to fix and repair a PC. I'm not paying someone to come to my house to put in a sound card and I cannot carry my tower to my car to take it to a shop.

befuddled2

Wheelin Rev 11-10-2006 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by befuddled2 (Post 36683)
...when I go to play the song back I get a message that the WAV file is not supported.

befuddled2,

The "WAV" file format is the most basic of audio files and should be recognized on any Windows(tm) based computer. When you "boot up" in the morning, do you hear what I call "Bill Gate's Alarm Clock" tune from your PC's speakers? IIRC, that is an audio file in WAV format being played.

Of course, there are so many configurations of hardware and software these days, it is hard to just tell you to click this, click that, etc.

Best wishes to you!

Dave

befuddled2 11-10-2006 03:22 PM

Thank you Dave,

I am not getting any sound of of my computer.

befuddled2

nide44 11-10-2006 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by befuddled2 (Post 36864)
Thank you Dave,

I am not getting any sound of of my computer.

befuddled2

Ah- Hah !!
You've lost the drivers or your sound card is bad, but most probably its the sound drivers. Happened to me once, & I took it to my local geeks (not the ones riding the VW's) and they gave it back to me with a CD that had card & drivers on it (in case it happened again)- I still have it. Plain orange cardboard CD envelope.
It was called :
2000 ASOUND Series Ver.3.0
& had on it:
ASound Express -PCI Sound Card
ASOUND Gold - ISA Sound card
of course it cost me $59.95 to get it.
(Basic minimum for my geeks to work on a 'puter)

befuddled2 11-10-2006 07:35 PM

Thanks Bob, I will check into mine further.

befuddled2

Jomar 11-10-2006 08:22 PM

sound card drivers can be Googled and downloaded.

Oh -what operating system are you using -- Win ? XP?

if so
go to -
my computer-right click then go to properties
then go to hardware
then device manager
then sound video & game controllers
find your sound card and click on it

then you'll get a whole section to check thru and in the drivers part try update driver.

You can also find it by going through the control panel , sound section.

hope this helps

Oh and your speakers are all connected & turned on /up?- mine came unplugged once

befuddled2 11-19-2006 08:27 PM

I have sound now. Thanks everyone.

befuddled2