NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Got my first paycheck today in over five years! (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/6022-paycheck-five.html)

Nathan1097 11-10-2006 04:25 PM

Got my first paycheck today in over five years!

Yup. They handed out paychecks and I got $51 bucks net. Woot! Woot! ROFL...

I had a good day working. I stayed over by 20 minutes because I was so busy trying to finish things that I didn't realize the time. We unpacked boxes, put sale stickers on about 100 little pumkins, helped out several customers just when I happened to go out there, (I work in the stock room), all kinds of stuff. And the best thing is, everyone is so friendly and helpful and I get my work done without much bother. I just say "okay, what would you like me to do next?" always remembering that when I can I should help customers first. I even was a pair of eyes as to how straight some cling words were on the front window this morning. lol... There were two of us and I was looking at it from a side-to-side equal point of view and the other person was looking at it from an up-and-down point of view so we're out there giving mixed signals- literally! :p

Mari 11-11-2006 02:12 AM

Great News

Dear Nathan,
Did you find a way to reward yourself? Maybe the paycheck is enough.

You are doing well to find something that you like well enough and that you can get paid for.
Keep up the good work.
Mari

Nathan1097 11-11-2006 09:29 AM

Thanks. Its not my dream career- I mean, its not what I'd do forever that's "part of me"- but for a part-time job, its really nice. I haven't rewarded myself for the check. Its not much money and I haven't even done anything with it yet. I thought I"d keep it and see what I want to do with it after I've thought a bit. Christmas is coming up and a DVD is coming out I want and well.... I DO have three kids. You just never know. For now, I like having it as emergency money; that's why I haven't cashed it.

Nikko 11-11-2006 09:39 AM

Great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you on SSDI (if you don't mind me asking) and this is something you can do part time to supplement it?

I know if that is the case, you can only make so much, if I am correct.

Just wondering. Because I am on SSDI and if I could get a part time job, it would help, if they didn't take anything from my check monthly.

He has put me in such a financial burden, it isn't even funny. He walked, no bills, bastard!!!! I even had to have my car repo'd, thank God my mom has one, and she doesn't drive anymore.

Hugs, Nikko

befuddled2 11-11-2006 10:04 AM

Nathan,

Wonderful to get a paycheck. I can't wait until I can work and get a paycheck.

befuddled2

bizi 11-11-2006 11:43 AM

Wow!
that is wonderful...you are healthy enough to work.
That is great Nathan!
It sounds like you have a terrific attitude about it as well.
Here in louisiana I think a person can make $700 a month without effecting their ssi...I would check descretly with someone in your state.
great going!
bizi