NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Spinal Disorders & Back Pain (https://www.neurotalk.org/spinal-disorders-and-back-pain/)
-   -   C5 C6 Fusion-2 Years Later (https://www.neurotalk.org/spinal-disorders-and-back-pain/60384-c5-c6-fusion-2-a.html)

surazal 11-21-2008 06:19 PM

C5 C6 Fusion-2 Years Later

I had a C5 C6 fusion 2 years ago. Graft was from my hip and I was told that it took fine and the Doc said there appered to be no nerve damage that he could see. Arm pain was gone immediatly after operation. Tingling/numbness/burning sensation in two fingers on my left hand never stopped. Docs tried to conince me it was carpal tunnel syndrome---which was tested for and is not. It is the same finger pain I had befoer the surgery.

2 years later finger pain seems to be getting worse....although it is possible that it is just getting really old and I am tired of dealing with it. Some days I feel like cutting off my hand. Over the counter drugs do not help. Lately it has been very bad..the best it gets is annoying like a mild headache.

Anyone have similar experiences or can recommend soemthing..or is this it, just accept it and live with it. I hav tried chirpractic medicine which has helped lower back but no relief to hand.:(

painfree 11-22-2008 02:55 PM

Finger pain

Quote:

Originally Posted by surazal (Post 412286)
I had a C5 C6 fusion 2 years ago. Graft was from my hip and I was told that it took fine and the Doc said there appered to be no nerve damage that he could see. Arm pain was gone immediatly after operation. Tingling/numbness/burning sensation in two fingers on my left hand never stopped. Docs tried to conince me it was carpal tunnel syndrome---which was tested for and is not. It is the same finger pain I had befoer the surgery.

2 years later finger pain seems to be getting worse....although it is possible that it is just getting really old and I am tired of dealing with it. Some days I feel like cutting off my hand. Over the counter drugs do not help. Lately it has been very bad..the best it gets is annoying like a mild headache.

Anyone have similar experiences or can recommend soemthing..or is this it, just accept it and live with it. I hav tried chirpractic medicine which has helped lower back but no relief to hand.:(

Hi,
I am a Myofascial Trigger Point Therapist. I have treated clients post C5-6 fusion with hand and finger pain. You may want to consider myofascial trigger points a possible cause to your finger pain.
take a look at:
http://www.triggerpoints.net/_sgg/m1m2_1.htm

Best Regards

Cindi Pere 11-25-2008 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surazal (Post 412286)

I have bad arm and hand pain the little finger started out numb now its spread to all the fingers and having trouble with uncontrollable muscle contractures-boy do they hurt. Considering ACDF now kinf of worried how it might turn out. I don't know if your familiar with chinese cupping but it really is awesome at controlling pain. If you use a large cup at the top of your shoulder blade-poke around and find the painful trigger point and put the cup there and let sit for 10-15 minutes you will feel the pain and numbness ease up if you use it long enough sometimes the pain goes away for a long while.

surazal 11-26-2008 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cindi Pere (Post 414452)
I have bad arm and hand pain the little finger started out numb now its spread to all the fingers and having trouble with uncontrollable muscle contractures-boy do they hurt. Considering ACDF now kinf of worried how it might turn out. I don't know if your familiar with chinese cupping but it really is awesome at controlling pain. If you use a large cup at the top of your shoulder blade-poke around and find the painful trigger point and put the cup there and let sit for 10-15 minutes you will feel the pain and numbness ease up if you use it long enough sometimes the pain goes away for a long while.

Really???????????

surazal 12-13-2008 05:59 PM

Trigger points

I have begun work with a therapist as suggested. Preliminary results have been encouraging. thank you for the advice.