NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   me and the steroids are tied with the disease (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/60576-steroids-tied-disease.html)

legzzalot 11-23-2008 11:31 AM

me and the steroids are tied with the disease

round one went great! aside from blowing out the vein in my hand and I woke up feeling great and down right feeling things again.

Round two yesterday they got the iv in did the ivsm, and then blew the vein in my forearm when they removed the iv. And I have been sick as a dog ever since!

Recap: round one sam wins
round two: ms wins.

tonight is the tie breaker wish me luck!

tovaxin_lab_rat 11-23-2008 12:44 PM

Hey, be positive. Make sure you are drinking lots of fluids. If the nurse putting in the IV has trouble...get a peds nurse to do it. They are a lot better.

I hope you have a better day Sam....I can sympathize with you. My record for IV attempts - 8! :eek: I make them stop at 2 now and get someone else!

I left you some pointers on your thread in MS about your 6 1/2 hour appointment. I hope they helped!

dmplaura 11-23-2008 04:52 PM

Legz that sucks! But it does sound like you're keeping positive and making jokes/fun of the situation. Keep getting well ok hun? :) :hug:

legzzalot 11-23-2008 08:26 PM

Updates: Round 3........

They managed to blow 2 more veins! After they tried to give me zoloft at 4 times the dose that the doctor has me taking in the mornings at home. Good thing one of us was paying attention.

Then we get back here, mom is helping my fiance load the entertainment center int he truck so they can get it moved out tonight since we have to finish moving by thursday and one of the illegal aliens next door backs over the mail box and takes off. Seeing as the house has been sold already and all, we call the real estate co and they tell us to file a report with the sheriffs office or we will be charged for it. So an hour and a half later....... cop finally shows up.

I am so tired and hyper at the same time. Not feeling sick like I was last night so that's good.

NurseNancy 11-23-2008 08:28 PM

i agree about iv sticks. the generally accepted # is 2 tries, then someone else has the honors.

i con't to hope that you feel better in the end when all this is over.
i've never been on roids but i've ready a lot of other posts and know it can be a rough ride.
:hug:

SallyC 11-23-2008 08:35 PM

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for Ya, Leggz....feel better soon..:hug:

jprinz99 11-24-2008 07:57 PM

Good Luck, hoppe the veins hold and roids due the job for you.

legzzalot 11-24-2008 08:30 PM

Round 4!

Well round 4 was almost cancelled. Had to stop in at the neuro first. My head is so swollen my teeth hurt. Seems I have gained 7 lbs in 3 days and it's all fluid. Doc gave me some happy make you pee pee pills to start tonight.....and a prescription for ambien.

Let's think about this for a moment shall we? Start the pills tonight for the water retention, which will make you have to pee every 20-30 minutes now let's add some sleepy pills in the mix and see what happens.

So I am determined to beat this thing and went in for round 4 and yes of course poof another vein down! shocker I know. One more round to go tomorrow and they will stop sticking me and I took the rest of the week off to recoup even though we are moving this week. well, my fiance is moving I am pretty much laying in the couch being depressed because my daughter is at my moms and I can't move.

SallyC 11-24-2008 08:58 PM

Awww ((((((Leggz)))))), this all just sucks.:(

legzzalot 11-24-2008 10:07 PM

I'm sick of this disease.
Can I trade it in for what's behind door # 2? :hissyfit:

I mean I've had the diagnosis for less than a month, isn't there some kind of a lemon law where I can sue the doc for a newer improved version?:smileypray:

Maybe something random where I get to stay home all day and am oblivious to pain and the only cure is eating massive amounts of chocolate and drinking coffee whilst all of my friends and family dote upon me for the rest of my days? :icecream:

Yes, ladies and gentlemen I believe I have lost my mind. I think it swam away with all the fluids they filled me with this week. :Melting 2:

Must be time to get some cats, because the dog refuses to behave and the hamster just smells and the guinea pig stopped talking to me last week sometime. And the hermit crab.... ah schucks he's at my mom's house too!:Slip: