NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   It's Official, I've Got Optic Neuritis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/60597-official-ive-optic-neuritis.html)

azoyizes 11-23-2008 10:31 PM

It's Official, I've Got Optic Neuritis

:( I saw my ophthalmologist Friday and he said that I definitely have optic neuritis. I'm still having the glass-shard pains, but they are intermittent and not constant anymore. My left eye vision is foggy. I have an appt with my neuro 12/10 to go over all my blood work, insomnia, muscle spasms, and now ON. Goodness sakes, what next???!!! :yikes: :Sinking: :Bang-Head:

Here is MS beating me to death (at least that's what I feel like sometimes):

:deadhorsebeat:

FinLady 11-23-2008 10:51 PM

:hug::hug: Sorry to here your symptoms are acting up. Hope the neuro can help and that you feel better soon. :hug::hug::hug:

dmplaura 11-23-2008 10:56 PM

Ugh. Sorry to hear about this. Hoping some relief is in your future. :hug:

GladysD 11-24-2008 08:40 AM

Sorry to hear you've got ON. You're in good company, however ;) :hug:

NurseNancy 11-24-2008 02:47 PM

i'm sorry to hear you're having these problems.
i hope your dr can help you.
you might call the neuro and let them know you've been dx'd with ON.
they might be able to fit you in sooner or if they have a cancellation.

i hope you will be feeling better soon.

bombi 11-25-2008 08:07 AM

Healing vibes...... Take care of yourself and treat yourself well. Good advise to keep your neuro in the loop..

IV streiods helped clear my ON up but it still affects my vision. I gave up on the steriods because I couldn't deal. Now I use rest and relaxation when it gets bad.

Gazelle 11-25-2008 02:41 PM

Sorry to hear that. :hug:

Call your neuro--Judy's right. The doc needs to know.

Hope it clears up soon for you.

azoyizes 11-25-2008 04:38 PM

Thanks, everyone. I'm calling my neuro tomorrow morning to let him know about the ON, and my eye doctor promised to fax his notes to my neuro also.

We're going to NJ for Thanksgiving, and we can't miss it because we both need to be with our family. We'll be back Monday afternoon, so I'll be able to see my neuro next week if that's what he wants.

This is where I come to cry, complain, B****, smile and laugh, because I know my friends will prop me back up again. I love you guys. :You-Rock: :Heart: :hug::hug::hug:

SallyC 11-25-2008 07:18 PM

(((((((((((((MaryAnn))))))))))))

Here's hoping you have a wonderful Thanksiving with your Family.

Feel Better Soon..

Desinie 11-25-2008 11:04 PM

Sorry to hear you have ON. Enjoy your visit with your family and feel better soon! :hug: Happy Thanksgiving.