NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   New Grand baby!!!!!!! (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/6159-grand-baby.html)

doydie 11-12-2006 11:32 PM

New Grand baby!!!!!!!

Tuesday morning I head over to Lexington, Ky. My daughter will be induced Thursday morning. My chief job is to take care of and spoil their five year old daughter. I will try to get in as much baby time as I can also. When the other one was born, i was there for most of the labor and was holding her hand during delivery. I was at the hospital a lot and we all drove the baby home together. This time it will be different. According to when she delivers, I may be taking Trinity to school and completely miss the delivery. Or it may be at night. But Trinity is worth it. We will enjoy our time together.

This has been a high risk pregnancy for my daughter since about the 4th month so we will all be glad when this healthy little girl is born. Well, it's not so little. Three weeks ago it was the same size as Trinity was when she was born. So this is going to be a BIG baby.

gsodie 11-13-2006 12:54 AM

Congratulations!! Sounds like you will be having a busy time -- but throughly enjoyable. I haven't had the fun of a grandchild yet--just get to cat sit now and then. I can't wait!!

So -- you have a great time -- soak it up and -- can we post pictures here?? Would be great! I'll be thinking of you!! Take care :p Gail

SallyC 11-13-2006 01:14 AM

WooHoo Doydie. Being a Grandmom is the second best thing that ever happened to me. :D

Enjoy your time, but don't overdo. You'll need your strength.:p I hope you will be able to be there when the new baby arrives.

Sending the new baby a hug from grandmom
sally.

Judy2 11-13-2006 05:45 AM

Hi doydie! My thoughts will be with your daughter and you on Thursday. I'm sure many prayers will be going up for a safe and healthy delivery.

Isn't being a grandma wonderful???? I've got six of them!! They make surviving those teenage years all worthwhile! LOL

Hugs.........Judy :)

cricket52 11-13-2006 08:11 AM

Best wishes to you and your daughter Doydie!!

Cherie 11-13-2006 07:42 PM

Wonderful. Thoughts and praysers speeding across the miles for a quick and uneventful delivery and wonderful grandma time. Get some rest before you go. My daughter's also hi risk but is not scheduled to deliver till April. and my grandson is already scheduled to be at my younger daughter's house or with her husband during the hospital stay. Should be interesting since the kid has never spent a night away from mom or dad.

SallyC 11-15-2006 06:35 PM

Any reports yet, Doydie? I pray that everything went OK.

Cherie 11-15-2006 07:03 PM

I think the big day is tomorrow Sally.

doydie 11-15-2006 09:44 PM

I am sitting at my daughter's house right now. The little girl decided to have a mfnd og her own and came on her own yesterday. At 38 weeks, she is 8 pounds 2 oz and 20 1/2 inches. We are glad she didn't have to wait the full 40! Mommy and baby are doing fine. My only problem is that my 5 year old grandaughter, her big sister, wants to hold the baby all the time and it's hard to get some Grandma time in. Trinity does a great job with her though and can actually sing and put her to sleep. It is precious to see them together.

Cherie 11-15-2006 10:23 PM

Sounds like Sally had an inside clue on this! So glad all is well. Trinity has to go to sleep sometime grandma! Congratulations.