NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Creative Corner (https://www.neurotalk.org/creative-corner/)
-   -   Lighthouses (https://www.neurotalk.org/creative-corner/62676-lighthouses.html)

Vonn07 12-03-2008 05:26 PM

Lighthouses

1 Attachment(s)
this is my first attempt at free drawing and watercolor ...

Twinkletoes 12-03-2008 05:34 PM

Lovely drawing, Vonn. Can't wait to visit you there! :D

ewizabeth 12-03-2008 07:19 PM

That's beautiful Vonn! Just imagine if you plan and think really hard to make a fancy one! :)

Momma's Kids 12-03-2008 11:44 PM

Lovely...

You have lighthouses...I want a very small castle in Ireland...very very small...lol

Curious 12-04-2008 12:21 PM

that is beautiful vonn. have you thought about using fabric paints and making your own lighthouse quilt blocks? there is also a medium you can add to paint to make is fabic paint.

:hug:

Vonn07 12-04-2008 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curious (Post 419415)
that is beautiful vonn. have you thought about using fabric paints and making your own lighthouse quilt blocks? there is also a medium you can add to paint to make is fabic paint.

:hug:

thanks ... are you saying - paint on fabric? (muslin)? ... already made a painted quilt ... and it's tough ...

I'm liking the watercolor .. make cards, calendars ....

thanks for the idea - just have to watch my projects ...

lefthanded 12-05-2008 01:36 AM

Nice debut!

I have been working on a series of light houses from photos I took in October during my trip to the Outer Banks, NC. I am right now working on the Hatteras lighthouse under the light of a full moon in a sky of broken clouds . . . kind of spooky and gothic! I had to try and try and try until I discovered it takes 6 whole seconds to expose the image after sundown! It may take ages to figure out how to portray the overwhelming sense of security that lighthouse brought me, standing in the dark at its base, looking up at the spiral of black and white leading up to the beam! It was so peaceful!

Vonn07 12-05-2008 10:07 AM

thanks, LH ...

I would love to come out to the Outer Banks someday ... and check out all the east coast lighthouses ...

going to stick with the lighthouses of the Great Lakes first ... and build a series ...

next October is the Great Lakes Lighthouse Festival in Alpena, Michigan ... I've been wanting to go since it started 14 years ago ... and now with the paintings - I don't have to rent a truck ...

soxmom 12-05-2008 10:10 AM

very nicely done Vonn. I love watercolors...My df is an artist and teaches
watercolor classes. I have absolutely NO artistic talent!!! but you do!!!!

who moi 12-05-2008 01:40 PM

vonn,

that is beautiful for just a first attempt...

want to share some of those artistic genes??

I am good at stick figures...but it is hard to draw stick lighthouses...:thud:

:D