NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Where do you eat your meals? (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/63174-eat-meals.html)

Blessings2You 12-09-2008 03:12 PM

Where do you eat your meals?

When you're eating at home (as opposed to eating out or at work) where do you usually eat? You can pick more than one if, for example, you eat breakfast in one place and supper somewhere else. Just curious.

legzzalot 12-09-2008 03:16 PM

I am a stickler for making everyone sit at the table and eat together!

Blessings2You 12-09-2008 03:23 PM

Here's what got me wondering: when we were kids, and when MY kids were kids, all family members ate all meals at the table. There probably were exceptions, but I don't remember them.

It's just the two of us, and the only time we sit down at the table and eat is at noon. We both stand at the counter and eat breakfast. We don't have a real supper/dinner, we just snack in the evening. Bob sits in his recliner in front of the TV, and I am usually at my computer AND in front of the TV.

Once in a blue moon, I'll sit at the table and snack, if I'm eating something sloppy or reading a magazine. Either way, we never eat breakfast or the "third meal" at the table. We're weird.

SandyC 12-09-2008 03:24 PM

I usually eat in the bedroom with Jim. We have adjustable beds so we sit up and eat together. Or, sometimes when he's too busy fighting off the Russians in his newest xbox game, I eat in front of the living room tv.

When the kids were young we weren't traditional. We all ate in the living room. That dern dining room table was the mail collector. So, we're weird.

TheSleeper 12-09-2008 03:32 PM

We have what I guess is called an eat in kitchen? Dining area is on the other side of the kitchen counters. I only eat there, not able to walk well enough to try carrying a plate of food or drinks around.

4 levels to our house, main level, kitchen, full bath, eating area, and living room, most of my time is spent on that level to avoid the stairs.

ali12 12-09-2008 03:44 PM

We usually eat our dinner in the living room watching the TV. Nowadays though, I spend a lot of time in my bedroom (it's the most comfortable room in the house as I have my bed and laptop there so can relax and lay down whilst on the laptop!) so I sometimes eat my dinner upstairs in bed or on my computer desk. Our family has never really been one to eat dinners at the table, i'm not sure why. If we have our dinner at my grandads though, his wife always makes us eat dinner at the table and I don't really like it that much.

Great poll - thanks!

Bets 12-09-2008 03:57 PM

We don't own a table (just finished a renovation) but I would like to think if we did we would eat there. Right, that ain't gonna happen, no tv for the bf means he would have to talk to me. :p

FinLady 12-09-2008 04:02 PM

When we have guests and such, we eat at the table. Otherwise hubby and I eat in the livingroom.

Ivy2 12-09-2008 04:48 PM

I eat seated on my scooter at my kitchen counter. It's the right height for dining. Then I scoot back to my laptop desk and the TV in the livingroom. It's all so handy.:)

Gazelle 12-09-2008 05:21 PM

IN my basement on my chair and 1/2. But I miss eating at the table with family. :(

Sometimes I just shove food in my mouth standing at the counter in the kitchen.

It gets really lonely around here.