NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   The Price Is Right... (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/64010-price.html)

PunkDizzle 12-10-2008 09:51 PM

The Price Is Right...

its rare i catch the price is right any more... but i managed to see it today and i guess i just have to get this off my chest... Drew Carey just can not work the crowd like Bob could.. and it made me a little depressed.. it was just like a wam bam get off the stage sort of show..

so i figured id make a poll to see if i was the only one that feels that Drew Carey was the wrong choice to take over.. (little late i know but hey i am bored)

ewizabeth 12-10-2008 10:31 PM

Sorry the show isn't fun for you anymore! I love Drew Carey though, he's a hoot! :) I only get to watch it when it's on at night though...

doydie 12-11-2008 12:37 AM

I like Drew Carey. Bob was afraid for anyone to touch him and Drew really encourages it and really gets into it. When the 3 contestnats are spinning the big wheel, he always asks them if they want to say hi. He acknowledges the models by name.

Kitty 12-11-2008 05:47 AM

I love Drew Carey! It took a while to get used to someone else being up on stage 'cos Bob Barker had been there forever. But Bob was getting grouchy and the show needed a "breath of fresh air". I think Drew's a riot....he gets as excited as the contestants do when they win and he doesn't act as though he's better than they are. He seems very down to earth. Just give him a chance...you sort of have to get used to his style of hosting.

braingonebad 12-11-2008 06:31 AM

I only saw a few minutes of it one day. Seems to me Drew could do this fine but people don't accept him as the show's front man. Bob was such a fixture (he was on there like 100 yrs lol) that who could replace him?

If you really want to see Drewinsanely funny, check out Who's Line is it anyway? Caution, watch what you're eating and drinking during that show! It's impromptu comedy, so there's a dud or two in there, but the good ones are a riot. It's like in the old days, when side-splittin' funny was alive and well.

Blessings2You 12-11-2008 06:41 AM

I don't know why, but the show makes me nervous these days. Something like Walmart Syndrome, I guess, too much hollering and jumping around and stuff happening. It hurts my ears and eyes and brain and sense of decorum. :D

freeinhou 12-11-2008 07:21 AM

Is this the show where they'll show some people a thing and they guess how much it costs? The first person will guess, say, $799, and the last person either goes a buck higher or a buck lower?

I didn't know it was still on.

Tom

Kitty 12-11-2008 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blessings2You (Post 423756)
I don't know why, but the show makes me nervous these days. Something like Walmart Syndrome, I guess, too much hollering and jumping around and stuff happening. It hurts my ears and eyes and brain and sense of decorum. :D

I understand what you mean.....there's always the contestant that won't stop screaming....or just sort of "overdoes" the excited routine. Those types wear me out and I have to change the channel. It's the same for any game show (especially Deal or No Deal)....certain personalities just annoy me and I have to watch something else. It's one thing to be excited and happy.....but some people just don't know when enough is enough.

sassy 12-11-2008 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freeinhou (Post 423774)
Is this the show where they'll show some people a thing and they guess how much it costs? The first person will guess, say, $799, and the last person either goes a buck higher or a buck lower?

I didn't know it was still on.

Tom

yup, that's the one!

kicker 12-11-2008 09:04 AM

I'm a very old fashion girl and think our elders should be respected. When Bob left ,his Price is Right should be his only and stopped. It was his, He's gone, it's gone. It is not something to pass on. There's other things to do.

I don't want the next generation (if the stop watching MTV and their computers for a moment) to have no idea of who he was (they won't anyway.) and identify The Price is Right with Drew, I like Drew, Whose line is it is his legacy.