NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Creative Corner (https://www.neurotalk.org/creative-corner/)
-   -   What does snow mean to you? (https://www.neurotalk.org/creative-corner/66669-snow-mean.html)

whispers 12-16-2008 03:34 PM

What does snow mean to you?

I imagine that the first thing that comes to mind is the white mantle that covers the homes and gardens. Then other thoughts follow: the cold, the added difficulties, perhaps a certain sadness when the sun is not shining bright. So, what does snow mean to you?

mistiis 12-16-2008 03:43 PM

...a peaceful trek through a forest reserve in the mountains...with a gentle snowfall...I have never experienced such silence as this...and beauty

...a run down the mountain with the wind in my face, and family at my side...fun, joy, freedom!

...fear when the highways are treacherous and you are out in it...no way to get off...

...wonder at how the light reflects off the ice crystals of snow...winter's rainbows...

...the way it covers everything in pure white, decorates the landscape...it is just so peaceful...it is magical...

Burntmarshmallow 12-16-2008 03:54 PM

Being a closet poet ...snow and winter symbolize death in poetry.
But to me . . . snow and winter means hibernation and rebirth.
PEACE
BMW

Lara 12-16-2008 06:26 PM

I had never seen snow in my life until about 10 years ago when I did a couple of trips to North America. I'd been to other places in the world but never in winter. I had seen snow capped mountains from a distance but never touched it or seen it actually falling.

To me the very thought of snow means sheer excitement. To me it is magical as well. It was, however, much wetter than I imagined too. lol

Then again it's 30C where I live so I don't have to live in it and deal with it on a practical level.

Jaime_S 12-16-2008 11:02 PM

I've never seen snow, except on TV! I live in the southern part of Australia, and it can get quite cold, but it never snows here.
I don't know how you all cope when it snows heavily and you have to go out in it, drive in it, work in it, or whatever...I have to admit I could never imagine what it would be like...but I know it's not for me! I would rather hibernate for the winter! lol
Snow...lovely to look at, not so lovely to touch!
:o

Alffe 12-18-2008 05:50 AM

It is lovely to look at but I drive on it with white knuckles. We are having a lot of "black ice"...you think the pavement is clean but then you start to slide...:eek: I long to be a snowbird...to go south for the winter. ;)

weegot5kiz 12-18-2008 10:42 AM

fresh fallen snow like a blanket upon the ground, covering it in a gentle slumber, soft pure white snow, so clean fresh and alluring, coating all it lands on, an artist brush could never paint a scene as pure as a fresh fallen snowfall http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/pi...pictureid=1789

Alffe 12-18-2008 12:14 PM

Geeze Frank...now you've made me feel guilty! :D

Jomar 12-18-2008 12:32 PM

Well , since we are in the middle of a forecasted freeze and snow event:eek:

I like to see the fresh snow before it gets messed up by footprints...

But after 5 days of it, so far, and temps below freezing most of the time, I'm ready for some good old Oregon rain:o

Normally we get a snow fall and it might stick around on the side roads and yards for a few days at most, but the roads will be clear.
Normally the weather like we are having now is in late January or February and rarely do we get any snow before the Holidays.

now they are talking about an "ice" event possible Christmas Eve:eek:

At least the power only went out for a short time during the night, so that's a good thing. But the trees branches are drooping with the snow/ice combo on them.

Momma's Kids 12-18-2008 01:49 PM

Purity, serene, a fresh start...'though your heart be blood red...pure as snow'.

However, I get the sludge mud part afterwards also. I would still like snow, I haven't been in snow for almost 6 years.