NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   The Ice and stuff (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/67058-ice-stuff.html)

braingonebad 12-21-2008 01:22 PM

The Ice and stuff

Just to let ya know I'm okay. The ice has messed with our power - it's on, it's off, it's back, etc.

So the phones and isp are iffy. The worst was trying to wake up to NO coffee. (Duh, I could've walked over to the carryout and got a cup)

:eek:

I do have 3 ventless gas heaters though so we won't freeze to death. That was possibly the smartest thing dh ever did to this house.
So if ya don't hear from me I'm incummunicato but all right. Have working flash lights, food, etc.

Hope everyone else is okay.

Debbie D 12-21-2008 03:07 PM

Just be careful...and let us know how you're doing!

Riverwild 12-21-2008 07:16 PM

I feel for ya Brain!

I broke down and bought a generator last year! It's only a small one but it gets the job done!

Hang in there!

tovaxin_lab_rat 12-21-2008 07:23 PM

We're having a big snow storm here too! We've got about a foot of snow!! And it's still coming down! We've not lost power but we do have a generator. We had one hard wired into the house when we built it. It will keep the fridge, freezer, furnace, well pump, and some other essentials going as long as we have gas to run it. We also have a fireplace with a heatilator so we're pretty well set in case of any emergency.

Too bad PODH feel the needs to store our trailer at his parents 450 miles away during the winter when we could use it during storms and/or power outages...duh! :rolleyes:

Hope everyone else is ok! Guess winter has arrived!

Momma's Kids 12-21-2008 07:34 PM

You folks stay safe...will be thinking about you.

MooseasaurusRex 12-21-2008 07:36 PM

UGH!:mad:

Call it irrational or crisis dependent or whatever, but I'm jealous.
I didn't grow up down here and miss the occasional snow and yes, ice too.

We got a whopping 15... minutes of snow last year.

But sounds like you've hunkered down pretty well. Think it would be worth the investment for a little gas operated generator? For during the black outs?

No. I'm not trying to sell you one.

Taffy 12-21-2008 09:29 PM

I can't stand it....I am pacing the floor...cleaning everything in sight...

The Hawaii Kid made it to San Fran and then the snow dumped..... and all the flights to Portland were canceled ...no trains...no buses...nothing....

I think he should just go back...but I don't think he can get a flight for that either.:(

So here I wait to see if he gets anywhere closer so we can try and drive and pick him up.

Anyone want a house guest?:D

tovaxin_lab_rat 12-21-2008 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taffy (Post 431663)
I can't stand it....I am pacing the floor...cleaning everything in sight...

The Hawaii Kid made it to San Fran and then the snow dumped..... and all the flights to Portland were canceled ...no trains...no buses...nothing....

I think he should just go back...but I don't think he can get a flight for that either.:(

So here I wait to see if he gets anywhere closer so we can try and drive and pick him up.

Anyone want a house guest?:D

Send him here...he and the other U of I guy will get along just great...especially watching the Poinsettia Bowl on Tuesday!! LOL! Wait, isn't he the kid with the turtle?

He'll get home...PDX will be open...oh wait...in laws are supposed to fly out of PDX to BOI on Tuesday :eek:

Twinkletoes 12-21-2008 10:56 PM

Speaking of Ice and Stuff..

2 Attachment(s)
Not suffering like others here in Utah as yet, but had to share this picture anyway. I took it last night by my Dad's mailbox. Tried to pick it up, but it was completely frozen to the concrete -- I couldn't even get a fingernail under the edge! :D

And the 2nd picture is pretty designs made by Jack Frost, taken just a few feet away from the 1st pic.

Winter is definitely here! Glad you have gas heat, Brain. Stay warm, everyone!