NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Trigeminal Neuralgia (https://www.neurotalk.org/trigeminal-neuralgia/)
-   -   Knocked down and it hurts (https://www.neurotalk.org/trigeminal-neuralgia/67192-knocked-hurts.html)

Doodle bug7 12-22-2008 05:47 PM

Knocked down and it hurts

I don't know how to get back to myself. I know that I can never get some things back because of my plight with TN. Its been 5 yr.s since I had the three brain surgeries that has left me numb on one side of my face. The hellish time
I spent sitting up at night looking out the window at the stars and being scared to death. It seemed like a sentence and no way out except death. I wasn't sure I would go that route but I knew the option was there. It gave me some
relief just to know it was there. I felt like I was knocked down and kicked in the head. I lost my job at the hospital . I was a nursing assistant on a busy medical floor. My confidence has left me. I don't drive anymore and I don't see old friends. I don't want to drive because it is out of my comfort zone. I spend the days alone with my 7 dogs and rarely go out. I don't get the newspaper and I don't know half of what goes on here in my town. When I see the neighbors car turn down the lane that goes by our house, I step inside the door so they wont see me. Why do I do this? I really don't care, it seems to not matter anymore.
I'm comfortable and don't want to step outside that. I am hurt so much over this, Getting kicked and knocked down. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I know there are a lot of others that can relate to this.
Thanks for listening -----------Doodle bug7

NanaCat 01-01-2009 11:20 PM

Hello DoodleBug.

I'm new here, so don't have the kind of wisdom the others have.

But it's late here and I just saw your post. And wanted to say that I hope by today, the pain has become a bit more tolerable.

I kind of understand what you mean about losing so many things...for me too, my world is getting smaller and smaller. Over the past 10 days holidays, I have stayed home for most of the time. Small family activities but I'm not up to much else....I have a fear that this horrible Monster will shrink my world to the point that no one remembers who I am.:Sigh:

Cat

Doodle bug7 01-12-2009 07:55 AM

Bitter sweet

Cat, thanks for answering. Due to the complete severing of my trigeminal nerve, not only one side of my face is numb, but I also have the dreaded complication of an MVD that is called Anethesia Delorosa. This has left me with pain on that side of my face 24/7. One day, my world became very different. Let me hear your story. You don't have to be a seasoned professional cause
everyone started at the beginning.
Thanks, Dbug7

Doodle bug7 01-12-2009 08:02 AM

remember

I WILL REMEMBER YOU!

Friends are like stars-you don't always see them but you know they are there
D bug7