NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   ketamine infusion (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/67586-ketamine-infusion.html)

msdrea83 12-26-2008 06:20 PM

ketamine infusion

monday i'm having a ketmamine infusion.... it should last 4-5 hours... me and my mom are driving down to la tomorrow from santa cruz (like 6-8 hours).... i check in at 6am monday morning and hopefully will be done and able to leave the hospital by like 1. getting nervous since there's no guarantee about remission, but i'm keeping my fingers crossed.i will let u guys know how it goes when i get home the beginning of the week. will probably have a mental break down if it doesn't help at all, but with the results dr. leverone has had i don't think that will be the case. so i'm keeping my fingers crossed!

llrn7470 12-26-2008 06:56 PM

Andrea,
Please let me know how this goes. I am going to try to talk my PM into letting me go from Pittsburgh to Phildelphia for Ketamine infusions. I'm both scared and hopeful myself; mostly hopeful. Know I will be sending you my best thoughts.
Lori Lee

msdrea83 12-27-2008 02:47 AM

from what i remember there's a super long wait in pa like years. there's one in florida and then here in ca with the doc i'm going too. but i will def keep ya posted!

ali12 12-27-2008 08:48 AM

I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and have my fingers crossed that the Ketamine will help you! Please keep us updated on how it goes and I wish you the very best!!

I haven't had the Ketamine infusions before as they aren't licensed for use over here in the UK but do take Oral Ketamine and that brings my pain down from an 8 on the pain scale to about a 5. I'm only allowed to take it when I need to though as my Pain Management Doctor feels that it could affect my hormones (I am only 13).

All the best and I hope and pray you get some relief!

msdrea83 12-27-2008 09:17 PM

ya i currently take ketamine orally for my pain, bringing it from like a 10 to a 8 if possible. i will def keep ya posted!

loretta 12-30-2008 12:19 AM

Hi Andrea, Wish you the best with the Ketamine infusion. I'm hopeful for you too. Please let us all know, when you get back and are up to typing. I'm just a 6 hr drive away, myself. Will be thinking of you everyday. Loretta

msdrea83 12-30-2008 01:18 AM

the infusion went great, he doubled the dose so instead of 500mg i got 1000mg of k over the 4 hours. doubled my versed, i was out but i guess i came too and was alert more quickly then his other patients. so far no pain. hopefully it'll stick!

bfff2020 01-09-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msdrea83 (Post 435853)
the infusion went great, he doubled the dose so instead of 500mg i got 1000mg of k over the 4 hours. doubled my versed, i was out but i guess i came too and was alert more quickly then his other patients. so far no pain. hopefully it'll stick!

how long did this last? hope it worked

mrsD 01-09-2013 12:15 PM

Welcome to NeuroTalk:

This is an older thread, and therefore some of the posters on it may have moved on. If you don't get an answer in a day or two, try making a new post on this forum for the current posters to see. ;)