NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Chat (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/)
-   -   I want to buy an electric Yogurt maker (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/67818-buy-electric-yogurt-maker.html)

MelodyL 12-30-2008 10:55 AM

I want to buy an electric Yogurt maker

Hi all!!

I like the way eating all natural, no sugar added yogurt makes me feel. My stomach likes all the probiotics. Only problem, is I like Fage Yogurt and it's $1.99 a container.

I've decided to make my own yogurt. I just need to buy a yogurt machine.

I went to ebay and all kinds of machines came up. Some were used, some were new. All various prices.

If any of you have ever used one of these gizmos, can you just let me know which one you bought? And exactly what are the steps used to making yogurt using these machines.

I'm not talking about frozen yogurt. I'm talking about the stuff like Dannon, Stonyfields, etc. I won't buy the sugar ones, and I can't use the Aspertame ones. And around here they only sell these kinds. And the ones with splenda, also contain nutrasweet, so I'm down to Fage BUT IT'S TOO EXPENSIVE.

So if any of you have purchased yogurt machines, 1. which ones did you buy. 2. How do they work?

Thanks much.

P.S. as soon as I get one and make my yogurt, I'll make a video.

lol

linda_sd02 05-11-2011 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelodyL (Post 435970)
Hi all!!

I like the way eating all natural, no sugar added yogurt makes me feel. My stomach likes all the probiotics. Only problem, is I like Fage Yogurt and it's $1.99 a container.

I've decided to make my own yogurt. I just need to buy a yogurt machine.

I went to ebay and all kinds of machines came up. Some were used, some were new. All various prices.

If any of you have ever used one of these gizmos, can you just let me know which one you bought? And exactly what are the steps used to making yogurt using these machines.

I'm not talking about frozen yogurt. I'm talking about the stuff like Dannon, Stonyfields, etc. I won't buy the sugar ones, and I can't use the Aspertame ones. And around here they only sell these kinds. And the ones with splenda, also contain nutrasweet, so I'm down to Fage BUT IT'S TOO EXPENSIVE.

So if any of you have purchased yogurt machines, 1. which ones did you buy. 2. How do they work?

Thanks much.

P.S. as soon as I get one and make my yogurt, I'll make a video.

lol

MelodyL, I bought a yogurt maker about 35 years ago and didn't find it as easy as making it in a glass quart container. It does, though, have the advantage of controlling the temperature, which can vary using my old method. I think you do basically the same, but using the individual containers. When I made it in a quart jar, I would have to keep an eye on the temperature. I'll bet you could find a recipe for the yogurt maker online, don't you think? Just remember, yogurt has been around a long time, and was, and probably still is, be made in a bag on the back of a camel walking across the desert! :grin: Linda :Good-Luck:

mrsD 05-11-2011 05:24 PM

I'd look on Amazon and read the reviews of several types.
Usually the reviews are pretty useful.

Then try looking up what you want, and compare Amazon, and Overstock.com too. Not everything on Ebay is a good deal.