NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Chat (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/)
-   -   I have to share the good news!!! Mom does NOT have MG!! (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/68090-share-news-mom-mg.html)

SandyC 01-02-2009 12:04 PM

I have to share the good news!!! Mom does NOT have MG!!

Back in April I announced my mom had MG (Myasthenia Gravis) per her neuro. Since then she's had more seizures due to her brain tumor and removal and nothing but trouble getting her Dilantin dose under control.

She decided to switch up neuro's per her GP. She was nervous, scared and not sure what to do. We encouraged her to go and just check him out. Turns out he's a VERY good neuro, highly recommended and she liked him a lot.

He said based on her records and various lab, eeg and xrays from the GP he does not feel she has MG. He said her symptoms are from the tumor and surgery, not from MG. He said he did not want the records from the other neuro because he had what he needed from the GP. He said any doctor who dx's a patient with MG would start some form of treatment immediately rather than wait for more symptoms which the other neuro was doing. She's going to send her records to him from the other neuro anyway just in case. She was so happy to hear she doesn't have MG.

He also started her on Keppra in addition to her Dilantin to help stop the seizures. He said she was having big seizures and not little ones like the other neuro said. This explains why she's having more and more memory loss and damage to her body. He promised her he will get them under control and not to worry. He's a Dr. House type and Mom is OK with that. He's to the point, no coddling or pats on the shoulder. She said she doesn't need a therapist, she needs a neuro. :D

So you will no longer see "mom dx'd with MG" on my siggy! Thanks to everyone who walked with us through this. Mom is still sick but not having the added dx of MG makes it so much better. To those suffering from MG I pray for all of you. :hug:

forever17 01-02-2009 12:13 PM

i am so glad your mom is doing better :D lets just hope her sizers dont get worse i will put you in my prayers:hug:

ewizabeth 01-02-2009 12:34 PM

That's great news Sandy! :hug: I'm glad your Mom has found such a good neuro!! :)

soxmom 01-02-2009 12:39 PM

good news Sandy!!!!:hug:

Twinkletoes 01-02-2009 12:40 PM

Holy cow! That's just wonderful, Sandy!!! Glad you got to remove that from your siggy line! :hug:

weegot5kiz 01-02-2009 12:47 PM

what a wonderful way to start the new year,

TwoKidsTwoCats 01-02-2009 01:34 PM

Sandy, that's excellent news!!:)

If she was/is seeing a neuro in my area.. could you PM me the names so I can avoid the 1st and look into the second if I need to switch? I currently see a Neuro over an hour drive away and might have to switch to someone more local.

Pam

sabimax 01-02-2009 02:03 PM

wohoooooooooooo yeahhhh Sandy..love ya,sarah

DM 01-02-2009 02:29 PM

Now, that's the kind of news we like to hear. I'm glad your Mom has had the MG dx revoked. Your'e leetle shoulders have had alot to deal with too! take care of yourself.

barb02 01-02-2009 04:00 PM

Great news! Glad she found a Dr. House.