NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Colloid Cyst (https://www.neurotalk.org/colloid-cyst/)
-   -   Anyone from Maryland that has had Surgery? (https://www.neurotalk.org/colloid-cyst/68806-maryland-surgery.html)

Christy1229 01-08-2009 12:57 PM

Anyone from Maryland that has had Surgery?

I have a 3mmx9mm CC I am awaiting a second opionion from a doctor at JHU this month. I am very nervous. I have had the CC since 2001, and my neurologist has not been very informative. not until this July did I find out how serious this condition could be. I would like to talk to someone who may live in the Maryland area who has had a CC removed. And for lack of better words Pick Your Brain.

Happy New Year!
Christy

Thomas Kaup 01-14-2009 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christy1229 (Post 441087)
I have a 3mmx9mm CC I am awaiting a second opionion from a doctor at JHU this month. I am very nervous. I have had the CC since 2001, and my neurologist has not been very informative. not until this July did I find out how serious this condition could be. I would like to talk to someone who may live in the Maryland area who has had a CC removed. And for lack of better words Pick Your Brain.

Happy New Year!
Christy

I have undergone such a surgery and would be glad to share my experiences with you. Private message me to make contact. I live in the extreme western part of central Ohio if no one closer responds, these tumors are extremely rare.

glittergirl 07-28-2009 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Kaup (Post 446172)
I have undergone such a surgery and would be glad to share my experiences with you. Private message me to make contact. I live in the extreme western part of central Ohio if no one closer responds, these tumors are extremely rare.

Hello Thomas
I too have a cc I am actually thinking of having it removed at the CLEVELAND CLINIC asap! I am soooooooooooooo scared too I now have a vp shunt but am having sooooo many problems with it! I dont know what to do! Take the risk or deal with a shunt for the rest of my life? Please tell me your exsperience Thanks

Isotope 10-28-2011 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christy1229 (Post 441087)

Happy New Year!
Christy

Hey Christy,

I recently (within the last month) had a colloid cyst removed at Johns Hopkins Hospital. The team that worked on me was incredible. The cyst is completely gone, and I am essentially free of symptoms/complications. Feel free to PM me. I can also give you a phone number to call if that would be easier.

stovall14040119 01-20-2012 09:25 AM

I was resently dianosed & need advice

Quote:

Originally Posted by glittergirl (Post 543709)
Hello Thomas
I too have a cc I am actually thinking of having it removed at the CLEVELAND CLINIC asap! I am soooooooooooooo scared too I now have a vp shunt but am having sooooo many problems with it! I dont know what to do! Take the risk or deal with a shunt for the rest of my life? Please tell me your exsperience Thanks

I live in indiana and was resently dianosed w/ an 8mm colloid cyst. I posted my story and think I put it in the worng area. If u or anyone can search it , it explains everything. But, if anyone can talk 2 me about all this, it would be greatly apperacated. Pm me to exchange #'s
. I need help.

Chemar 01-20-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stovall14040119 (Post 843152)
I live in indiana and was resently dianosed w/ an 8mm colloid cyst. I posted my story and think I put it in the worng area. If u or anyone can search it , it explains everything. But, if anyone can talk 2 me about all this, it would be greatly apperacated. Pm me to exchange #'s
. I need help.

Hi there
I will put a copy of your other post, which you had in our General health forum, over here for you as well
here is the link to the copy that I just moved here for you
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...d.php?p=843154