NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   Plasma exchange - yuck! (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/69616-plasma-exchange-yuck.html)

erinhermes 01-11-2009 10:48 PM

Plasma exchange - yuck!

Hello all! Just got back from the Methodist today! 5 plasma exchanges later and I am feeling pretty darn good!

THe line placement was kind of a drag, cuz' there was a lot of scar tissue from the one back in July, so he had to kind of yank it, but once it was in, it was smooth sailing all the way!:D

I'm back @ 60 mgs a day of pred and 150 mgs of Imuran - I see my neuro in 2 weeks for my follow up - hopefully he'll reduce my roids then - my face had just gone down and my sideburns had just gone away.......:D

I hope all of you are doing great! I have missed you all!!!!

09 is going to be a great year!!!!!

:hug:ERin:hug:

rumpled 01-12-2009 11:53 AM

Glad to hear it went ok! Hope the 'roids treat you ok...
I get to go for esophagael tests... they are going to stick a camera down my nose and watch me swallow, no anesthesia... does that sound like fun or what!!!
I have not made the appointment yet... I wonder why...

erinhermes 01-12-2009 01:47 PM

Hey there! I had that stupid test and you are right - no fun @ all......of course the genius that did the test told me there was nothing wrong with my swallowing and the next month I was in the ICU, so don't believe them if they tell you its all OK.............:D

Doctors, what a joke! Most of them don;t have a frickin clue!!!!

Are you feeling any better?

:hug:Erin:hug:
Quote:

Originally Posted by rumpled (Post 443908)
Glad to hear it went ok! Hope the 'roids treat you ok...
I get to go for esophagael tests... they are going to stick a camera down my nose and watch me swallow, no anesthesia... does that sound like fun or what!!!
I have not made the appointment yet... I wonder why...

Scots Kat 01-13-2009 11:43 AM

Hi Erin,
Glad to hear you are home and feeling okay. I'm sure you'll be able to reduce your steroids soon - I laughed about your side-burn comment! I know exactly what you mean! Take care of yourself.
~Kathy

Quote:

Originally Posted by erinhermes (Post 443432)
Hello all! Just got back from the Methodist today! 5 plasma exchanges later and I am feeling pretty darn good!

THe line placement was kind of a drag, cuz' there was a lot of scar tissue from the one back in July, so he had to kind of yank it, but once it was in, it was smooth sailing all the way!:D

I'm back @ 60 mgs a day of pred and 150 mgs of Imuran - I see my neuro in 2 weeks for my follow up - hopefully he'll reduce my roids then - my face had just gone down and my sideburns had just gone away.......:D

I hope all of you are doing great! I have missed you all!!!!

09 is going to be a great year!!!!!

:hug:ERin:hug:

rumpled 01-13-2009 05:02 PM

ELVIShermes!!! :Dancing-Chilli:

Curious 01-13-2009 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rumpled (Post 445046)

couldn't resist...http://dl7.glitter-graphics.net/pub/...q3s3zcn6h2.gif

USMC_with_MG 01-13-2009 07:33 PM

Glad you are feeling better

Glad you are feeling better. :)

erinhermes 01-13-2009 10:38 PM

LOL! That was great!!!!!! I'm gonna have my face waxed weekly to keep the little buggers @ bay!!!!

:)
Erin
Quote:

Originally Posted by rumpled (Post 445046)

erinhermes 01-13-2009 10:39 PM

LOved it!

Where did you get that icon? THat was so funny!!!!

:)
Erin
Quote:

Originally Posted by Curious (Post 445113)

erinhermes 01-13-2009 10:41 PM

HEy there!

You know, I have a great feelig about 09! Of course, it could be the roids talking, but I really do!!!!!

I see Dr. I in 2 weeks, so we'll see what he wants to do........

It is going to be GREAT!!!!!!

Hugs!
Erin
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scots Kat (Post 444869)
Hi Erin,
Glad to hear you are home and feeling okay. I'm sure you'll be able to reduce your steroids soon - I laughed about your side-burn comment! I know exactly what you mean! Take care of yourself.
~Kathy