NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Another one of those "Too good to be true ads" (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/70729-true-ads.html)

Koala77 01-14-2009 03:35 AM

Another one of those "Too good to be true ads"

There was an ad in our daily newspaper paper today for a 2BR, fully furnished cabin in a popular holiday village by the water.

The full cost of the fully furnished, 2 BR, air conditioned unit by the water, was $15,000, WIWO. :D

No mistakes.....fifteen thousand dollars!

DH and I were most interested and I immediately called the cited phone number.

There's an anual cost village cost of $1000 per unit which covers all power and water costs, as well as garbage removal etc., etc..... and that sounded good! :)

The catch?

You are only permitted to spend 90 days in your cabin, in any one year!

How can some-one put a unit up for sale and then say....BTW.... it MUST remain empty for at least 9 months of every year? :confused:

Needless to say we're still looking, but if anyone wants a cheap holiday house in Australia..... places like this one are still available!

Kitty 01-14-2009 06:41 AM

Will they allow you to rent it out on the days you aren't personally occupying it? I can't imagine that they'd want the property to sit empty for 9 months out of the year. Wonder what the catch is?

kicker 01-14-2009 08:40 AM

Sounds like a time share to me IMHO, the other 9 months the other people who paid $15,000 for a "piece" of that cabin get the other 9 months. I don't know how choice of time priority is determined. Get for all the details. If you choose to buy it, you are committed until you sell your time share to another. A wealthy woman once told us she wouldn't buy and commit but take her vacations anywhere (a different place each time) she wanted for much the same price as a mortgage on three months in a cabin and $1000 maintinance (Which other people buying 3 months must pay also. $ 4,000 total a yea for the Village/company!!!) This is what I think, be sure of the details!!!

DM 01-14-2009 09:03 AM

Hey Anne~ I agree w/Kicker in that, this sounds like a Time Share deal. They sell the shares of the real estate property to many people and you just can't use it when someone else is. I don't think this is what you are looking for.

Again~ if it's too good to be true... It did sound sweet though...

Hugs to you, my friend.

weegot5kiz 01-14-2009 09:18 AM

that was my thought too Time Share. so if they can sell you a share for 15,000 plus three more they are doing rather well for them selves

karousel 01-14-2009 02:40 PM

I agree that it sounds like a time share.

Koala77 01-14-2009 10:35 PM

I think you're right. It does smell like time share!

I didn't call them back because were no longer interested when we were told we could only spend 90 days a year in a villa unit that we had (supposedly) bought for ourselves!

Oh well. It sounded good at the time. :(