NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   US Airways Plane down in Hudson River (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/71476-airways-plane-hudson-river.html)

Earl 01-15-2009 04:36 PM

US Airways Plane down in Hudson River

Looks like everyone is alive. The plane is floating, amazing. I gotta say that my prayers are with them and the flight crew are HEROS!!!

Twinkletoes 01-15-2009 04:39 PM

Wow, that's sobering. I've been on 4 USAir flights in the past couple of weeks.

Thank goodness they are okay.

Thanks, Earl.

weegot5kiz 01-15-2009 04:41 PM

watching it now, think i will take cold water over hot flames anytime, amazing all survived bless that pilot

Kitty 01-15-2009 04:59 PM

The report is that they hit a flock of geese! :eek: I'm so thankful that everyone survived. What a scary thing!!

weegot5kiz 01-15-2009 05:06 PM

yeah they talked to a guy next to the left wing and the engine it exploded into flames and when the reporter asked was he or was it scared/scary(could not hear reporter) his reply was very appropriate for someone who survived a landing in the hudson river, he said and it was not bleeped "it was scary as s***"

Curious 01-15-2009 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earl (Post 446929)
Looks like everyone is alive. The plane is floating, amazing. I gotta say that my prayers are with them and the flight crew are HEROS!!!

They sure are.

They may have a different outcome if they had allowed the rear door to be opened.

The phone interview that Brian Williams did with a passenger named Jeff was very moving. As it went on the reality of it hit Jeff.

NurseNancy 01-15-2009 06:53 PM

i've been watching it on CNN.
that pilot did a masterful job, and the crew and passengers too.

thank God that everyone got off.

tovaxin_lab_rat 01-15-2009 09:47 PM

The crew did an extraordinary job of ditching that airplane. They did everything exactly right, no room for error in a water landing. Nose up, glide it in and put it on the water just right so the plane will float. Perfect! That way the fuselage won't be breached and the plane will float for quite a while in order to get all the passengers off safely!

What a job! Those guys should be commended for a job well done. I was on the phone with my sister in Tulsa (at the 9-1-1 Center) when it was happening and then caught the news later. She said that the pilot made two trips through the entire plane to make sure all the passengers were off before he left the plane.

I was so happy to hear that everyone got off safely and there were no life threatening injuries! Thank you God for saving all those people. And thank you to that crew for paying attention to all their training and for being so professional and thanks to all the passengers for not panicking during the evacuation process. It all worked out.

What a day...:hug:

Koala77 01-15-2009 10:31 PM

Beautifully said FG.

I have nothing to add!

Earl 01-16-2009 10:23 AM

The media is now calling it "Miracle on the Hudson" which I believe it was. The Pilot was a former fighter pilot with (I think) 29 years of experience flying for US Airways. I am still amazed by all of it.

On a lighter note, Jay Leno's monologue was hystericle. He said three whoppers about it, since all were safe he felt it was ok to joke, I am sure he would not have joked if a single person had died.

"All people are safe and off the plane, after they paid their $25.00 for their life vests"

"Call or login to US Airways if you are interested in a flight....or a cruise"

and the best one....

" They were going to start to figure the salvage operation to get the plane out of the river, then realized it was the hudson and it would be disolved in about 4 days". lol :)

Geese hitting both engines, million to one shot, landing on a river surrounded by crowded city, million to one shot, narrowing missing the George Washington Bridge, Million to one shot, not dipping a wing on landing and bringing it in straight and level, PERFECT, if he had dipped a wing and caught the water the plane would have cartwheeled, broke apart and exploded. It is simply amazing. I think he should be invited to the White House, given free taxes for life, and LOT of money. He is a true Hero in all sense of the word.