NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   See what was in my backyard the other day! (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/71479-backyard-day.html)

Erin524 01-15-2009 05:20 PM

See what was in my backyard the other day!

A herd of seven deer.

video link

They came back later that night (didnt have the camera with me then) and really snacked their little hearts out on several other neighbors bird feeders.

weegot5kiz 01-15-2009 05:48 PM

is this normal? if not its cause they are pretty hungry , thats pretty cool, thanks

and if you feed them they will come back, which means in the spring to consume your flowers, they are smart critters they will find their meal

Erin524 01-15-2009 06:04 PM

It's not my bird feed. All my neighbors except the house right next door to me have multiple bird feeders in their yards. (next door neighbor has a bird phobia) I dont feed the birds because I dont like bird poo on my car and all over the lawn furniture and pavement.

The neighbor on the other side of me not only puts out the bird feeders, but she tosses critter corn into the field behind the house to feed the wild turkeys. It was her feeders the deer were scarfing up the food from.

Ivy2 01-15-2009 06:21 PM

That's neat ...they must be getting hungry.

SallyC 01-15-2009 09:32 PM

OK, so what happened when they went up a couple of yards They were after something...you can't leave me dangling like this..LOL

Cool thanks for the video..:)

Erin524 01-15-2009 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyC (Post 447128)
OK, so what happened when they went up a couple of yards They were after something...you can't leave me dangling like this..LOL

Cool thanks for the video..:)

They walked out onto the street in front of my house, walked behind my aunts house across the street and were running around in the yards of the houses that are above my aunt's house and above the pond back there.

and I think they ran off on that video because some kids were walking in the field. It was a few minutes after the deer ran off that we noticed two kids walking thru the field at the very top of the hill.

It was too cold to go follow them for more pictures, but I'm guessing they might be tourist deer. Didnt see them tonight.

I did get up this morning, and noticed a lot of deer tracks in the back yard that werent there last night. One apparently walked between my yard and the neighbor to the north of me (the lady who's afraid of birds) I think it was snacking on either her river birch tree, or my parents river birch tree. (our tree is older and has the tasty bark that peels off like paper that deer like to eat)

FranksAngel 01-15-2009 10:14 PM

that was soooooo cool ... thanks for sharing it with us ...

Jules A 01-16-2009 09:25 AM

What a great video. Thanks for sharing it. Your yard is beautiful also. :)

Kitty 01-16-2009 10:33 AM

Awww....how sweet. Deer are so beautiful. Thanks for sharing that with us.

freeinhou 01-16-2009 02:09 PM

Deer are fun to watch!

I was watching a bunch of them at work yesterday. Ours are boring though. We have about 300 white tailed deer on the Space Center campus. They ignore humans. You'd have to try to touch one before they'll scamper away.

Tom