NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Finally, a dx....Not MS (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/71513-finally-dx-ms.html)

seara 01-15-2009 08:27 PM

Finally, a dx....Not MS

First off, I want to thank each and every one of you for all your care and support to me over the past month. It's been rough for me and you have all been a bright spot in my bleak moments. You have no idea how much you have helped me keep my sanity.

I saw my family doc today. She read me the report from the neuro and the neuro said, no MS.....probable fibromyalgia. Curious, the neuro never mentioned it to me. She just an *** LOL.

So family doc did through the 18 pressure points and can I just say OWWWWIIIEEEEEE!!!! Big owies and all but 2 spots nearly put me through the stinking ceiling. :(

At least I have an idea of what is going on now. Between the migraines and type II diabetes causing TIA's and brain lesions and the fibro causing the body pains and fatigue, I guess this is a good place to start treating and see where it goes from here.

I am glad that it doesn't look like or show as MS. I pray that never comes up again as a possibility. But, I will be forever indebted to you folks here who deal with MS and my heart goes out to each of you as well as prayers. You folks amaze me with your patience, love, support, positive attitudes etc etc. Bless you all! :circlelove:

xoxoxo
seara

SallyC 01-15-2009 09:15 PM

I hope your Doc can come up with a good med for your Fibro Pain and I am so sorry.:hug:

You don't need to go away now ya know..:)

seara 01-15-2009 09:20 PM

Thanks so much (((( Sally )))))

Doc has started me on Cymbalta and flexeril. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the combo of the two will kick in within the next week and I'll be a new woman LOLOLOL.

This brutally cold weather we are having is really giving me a hard time...it's very yucky :(

I'm not going anywhere.....I'll stay here and hopefully, as I get feeling better, can be a better support to you and the others here. I feel like I've taken and taken and not given back and that's not who or what I am. ;)

seara

tovaxin_lab_rat 01-15-2009 09:38 PM

Take care Seara. Cold weather can be brutal with Fibro. I have a couple of good friends with fibro and they hate this time of year. We are opposites with the weather -- I can't handle the hot weather and they can't handle the cold weather! Spring and Fall are good for both of us!

I hope you get relief from the migraines too. I suffer from them but have found a good medication to keep them under control.

Hang around! :hug:

Koala77 01-15-2009 09:46 PM

I'm so pleased that it wasn't MS Seara but now that you've found us, there's no need to leave. We have many members here on NeuroTalk with Fibro, so do keep in touch!

I wish you nothing but the best! :hug:

dmplaura 01-15-2009 11:10 PM

I agree with Koala. No need to leave us seara. We can all find support with one another. :) :hug:

Lady 01-16-2009 01:23 AM

Hi seara,
Well that is great news. :) I'm sending good thoughts that the medications are just what you need, so you can be singing a happy tune or doing the happy dance, instead of ouchies. Fibro is painful so this combo should help you. :) Super!

sabimax 01-16-2009 06:04 AM

hugsss and sorry about the dx, hoping the meds will help you thru especially the flares. My mom has fibro, she is doing well thru some tougher days. hugss,sarah

Kitty 01-16-2009 08:34 AM

I'm so happy for you....no MS!!! But I'm sorry you're still in pain. There's a Fibro Forum here, you know, where you might get some tips and info from others who have that condition. But.....no forum is off limits here. We're all one big family and I hope you continue to post here and keep us updated on your progress! :hug:

ali12 01-16-2009 08:43 AM

I am SO glad to hear that it doesn't look like you have MS but sorry that you still have to deal with pain and have Fibromyalgia:hug:.

I also suffer from Fibro as well as another Chronic Pain Condition so if you ever want someone to talk to, please know that I am here for you because I DO understand how painful it is! I really hope your Doctor can put you on a medication that will help you and ease your symptoms .... I have tried so many and the only one that helps for me a little is Lyrica.

As Koala and everyone else said, please don't feel that you have to leave the forum!! We are all here for you and always will be if you ever need a shoulder to lean on!!:hug:

Take care of yourself and I wish you the very best!
Alison.