NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Napping and Dreams (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/73110-napping-dreams.html)

SallyC 01-22-2009 07:56 PM

Napping and Dreams

It just dawned on me why we chronically ill Peeps sleep so much. When I am dreaming, I am living life again. I'm usually young, thin, healthy and happily doing things I can no longer do, in real life.:yahoo:

Sometimes I wake up tired from all the activities..:D I am my old self, living life and having fun. Sometimes I have a worrisome dream, but, not too often....mostly it's fun.

Anyone else notice this or am I the only crazy one?...I actually look forward to my naps and sleep....per chance to dream..LOL!

Erin524 01-22-2009 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyC (Post 451519)
It just dawned on me why we chronically ill Peeps sleep so much. When I am dreaming, I am living life again. I'm usually young, thin, healthy and happily doing things I can no longer do, in real life.:yahoo:

Sometimes I wake up tired from all the activities..:D I am my old self, living life and having fun. Sometimes I have a worrisome dream, but, not too often....mostly it's fun.

Anyone else notice this or am I the only crazy one?...I actually look forward to my naps and sleep....per chance to dream..LOL!

Be careful about quoting Shakespeare...Hamlet's Soliloquy wasnt about sleeping...

DM 01-22-2009 08:53 PM

You mean I'm not really making out w/Brad Pitt every night??? It's just a dream??

Well, in answer to your post, Sal Pal~ I sometimes have dreams w/my parent's in them and they always seem to be happy and well. I never really thought about my presence in the dreams, so will have to stay awake to see what's going on tonight!!

Oh Brad???? Hey, a girl can dream, can't she???

Foggy Brain 01-22-2009 09:14 PM

I am the same way, Sally. It seems I'm always running fast or enduring a previous work day in my dreams and upon awaking I feel like :thud:. The Copaxone has a listed side effect about causing weird dreams so I guess we're stuck with it.

Kitty 01-23-2009 01:59 AM

Sally, I think the LDN causes my vivid dreams. I don't mind them....they're never bad. Just vivid and very lifelike. And I never have MS in them!! It's a nice break.

Desinie 01-23-2009 02:12 AM

Often times it seems I have dreams where I'm lost and can't find where I'm going. Sometimes I even have MS in my dreams. No fair! I know there's a site somewhere about what your dreams mean.

DM 01-23-2009 09:23 AM

OK Salpal~~ I'm blaming you for my weird dream. I woke up around 5am, got a drink, dozed back to sleep for an hr and had a dream that my sister and I both fell somehow and broke all our teeth out. I was running around trying to find someone to glue them back in and trying not to talk or smile.
Strange??? I think so!!!
But, I was 'RUNNING' in my dream. I haven't done that in real life for a long time.

I got right up and brushed my teeth. AYUP, they're still there.

kicker 01-23-2009 09:51 AM

Wasn't it Shakespeare who said " to sleep, perchance to dream"?

I never have non-ambulatory MS in my dreams and at some point remember I do and marvel I am walking or going fast and I really can't do that.

msarkie 01-23-2009 10:31 AM

Anyone ever read Catch-22? One of the main characters, Major Major, was afraid of his bunkmate and tried to stay every night for fear the guy was going to kill him. But what actually happened was he slept soundly, only dreamed he was awake all night, and woke up exhausted! Sometimes I think our dreams do make us tired!

SallyC 01-23-2009 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msarkie (Post 451980)
Anyone ever read Catch-22? One of the main characters, Major Major, was afraid of his bunkmate and tried to stay every night for fear the guy was going to kill him. But what actually happened was he slept soundly, only dreamed he was awake all night, and woke up exhausted! Sometimes I think our dreams do make us tired!

One of my favorite books..:)