NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Aneurysm (https://www.neurotalk.org/aneurysm/)
-   -   Hi everyone (https://www.neurotalk.org/aneurysm/73649-hi.html)

Lynn 01-25-2009 06:43 AM

Hi everyone

Hi everyone

I had an unruptured aneurysm clipped nearly five years ago. This has been a long road for me, as I also have Multiple Sclerosis, and my annie was found during a routine MRI. Actually, they did an MRA as a training exercise for new staff and it showed up then.

I had my clipping surgery in Feb 2004, had a scar from the top of one ear, across the top of my head and down to the other ear - ten inches long, 45 staples and 3 stitches. Next month, I am having a CT angio, and seeing my neurosurgeon in March - hopefully, that will be my last appointment to do with this.

For those of you who are starting this journey, I wish you all the best and hope that you use this site because there are heaps of wonderfully supportive and knowledgeable people with lots of great experience and info to share.

Cheers

Lyn :)

JFYMAT 01-25-2009 08:44 AM

Hi lynn

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynn (Post 452900)
Hi everyone

I had an unruptured aneurysm clipped nearly five years ago. This has been a long road for me, as I also have Multiple Sclerosis, and my annie was found during a routine MRI. Actually, they did an MRA as a training exercise for new staff and it showed up then.

I had my clipping surgery in Feb 2004, had a scar from the top of one ear, across the top of my head and down to the other ear - ten inches long, 45 staples and 3 stitches. Next month, I am having a CT angio, and seeing my neurosurgeon in March - hopefully, that will be my last appointment to do with this.

For those of you who are starting this journey, I wish you all the best and hope that you use this site because there are heaps of wonderfully supportive and knowledgeable people with lots of great experience and info to share.

Cheers

Lyn :)

I hope life gets better real soon for you . You have had a tough road and you deserve to enjoy life. Best wishes Jeffrey:winky:

pamuk 01-25-2009 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFYMAT (Post 452929)
I hope life gets better real soon for you . You have had a tough road and you deserve to enjoy life. Best wishes Jeffrey:winky:

Hi Lynn

Good to see you posting, good luck for the CT Angiogram, hope everything is fine

pam

gabrielli 01-25-2009 05:27 PM

So good to see you here my friend,good luck with the CT. You have come so far and I know things can only get better. Love ya

ooxx
Mimi

Ruthie1959 01-29-2009 12:05 PM

Hi Lynn,
So glad to see your post and see a familiar face, you are one brave girl to deal with aneurysms and MS and I admire your strength.
I will be thinking of you and hoping for a great outcome from your Ct angeogram, Take care
Ruthie

Crwstar 01-29-2009 07:42 PM

Welcome - Thank you for sharing your experience and hope. Best of luck with your ct angiogram.